dog question

Sab Caponi

Is there a web site I can go to that I would be able to put in the name of a YLM that I just adopted and see if he is from hunting stock?? I did a google search and was able to come up with his parents, granparents etc and they all match up to what I have on his pedigree as well as his OFA's but I was looking at seeing if he comes from hunting lines. thanks

Sab

Hi Sab,

Try going to http://www.gooddoginfo.com/. I just used it to pick a pup. She arrived on Feb. 4. What I did was to go to the site and entered the sire and dam of my pup, and got a full 5 generation pedigree of my new pup. The downside is that you have to subscribe, but I think there is some sort of trial set up. My subscription just expired in January, otherwise I would have gotten your Lab's pedigree for you. Maybe some other member has a current subscription and can help you out. Oh, one caveat. If your pup's sire and dam are not in the gooddoginfo database, you will have to go further down your pup's generations to find dogs in the database. It is important to note that if your pup has a good lineage, the pedigree will probably be in the database.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pete

why not post the names and the titles (the abbrevations in front or behind a dogs name) of what you've found out. the titles will say wheter it was field titles or show, and theres a lot of overlap in sure nuff field breedings it wouldnt be surpirsng if some of the ansectors where recognizable. travis

I have a Good Dog Info account. PM or Post the sire and Dam and I will try to send you a pedigree.

Last edited:
Back