Duck and house dog advise

It was meant to be light hearted! Relax, I saw a Ford run for a while once...Hehe I had a Chessies back in the day, she was a workhorse but I chose to go black!!!

I had a Golden that could retrieve a beer from the fridge... considering duck season is two months and beer season is 12 months, thought it was a pretty important feature in a dog.

I never sent my chessie for beer, however he was cultured enough that he would shell his peanuts before eating them.

People ask me what a chessie is like...I tell them like labs were...40 years ago.

I had a Drahthaar that would chew through the refrigerator door to get that beer if asked.

I often wondered how many days he would chase a crippled goldeneye before giving up.

The day I bought my Boykin pup (1979),the breeder had a dozen dogs out around the small lake.He picked up a small stone,spit on it and threw it in the lake.All the dogs hit the lake and one dog brought it back.The others didn't bring other stones.Impressive!

Yes, I know it sounds weird but dogs can smell in water or the sent that is rise from something under water.
One of the coaches on my daughters softball team trains cadaver dogs (dogs used to find dead bodies). They are called out help locate drowning victims regularly in ponds and lakes.

Back