Duck hunting cart? Cart/ layout blind combo?

Ed,
Go to a used kids stuff store like Once Upon A Child or Play It Again Sports and buy a kiddy jogger. Then use your awesome DIY skills to modify it into a decoy cart.

The kiddy joggers with the three wheels hold a lot of weight, and are balanced over the rear axle making them real easy to push or pull over most trail like terrain.

Ed, Here are a couple photos of what I use.

SANY0171.jpg

SANY0170.jpg

SANY0169.jpg

I have seen in waterfowl mag. where a cart was made from two plastic garbage cans the kind that are supplied by the trash collection co.I don't recall the month or year it was in ,but he cut them into to form coffin with one upper half to have a swing open door {like a layout blind], put long extention u-shaped bar for pulling the whole rig with his gear in the cans and

the wheels to pull it to the hunt sight.Sealing all seam with mastic making it waterproof and rain tight.If you are handy and like to do project nock your self -out and go for it.

A.s far as getting the cans well know let me see ,hmmm,see if the collection co has some batterd up old ones you might get for free

well its a Macgyvering you want here it is back by popular demand the rickshaw duck cart..

shermies034.jpg

shermies032.jpg

shermies033.jpg

grasseduprickshawdecoyhauler004.jpg

grasseduprickshawdecoyhauler002.jpg

an old pair of wheel chair wheels ,bycicle whells would be better for mucky stuff i figure,and and dry easle flip board used for the chasi

duck tape and an imagination can go along way....

shermie..

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
an old pair of wheel chair wheels

And just think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the bonus side to stealing the wheels off your grandmother wheelchair is now you can park your cart in the handicapped spot at Walmart. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :>) :>)
[/font]

well ive been thinking of adding a seat of sorts and a front wheel ,,patent it and there you have your grocery cart decoy cart all in one..lol lol

getting ready i suppose for the day im gonna need it lol

thanks dave for the laugh this smorning

What an awesome well of duck hunting information this place is! "Duck hunting cart" who ever heard of it, but seek and ye shall find! Several excellent ideas. Thanks to all.

Kris the answer is neither; but I'm tired of hanging out at the duck camp moaning "if they can bring water to grain why can't we bring grain to water?" If you can't beat 'em join 'em. Believe it or not I can make it to Arkansas far more easily, cheaper, and quicker than to the remote island we had to move our operation out to in order to find any birds. So I'm hunting Arkansas next year. I'll miss the reds and specks but not the boat ride. I'll get my fill of fishing before the season starts hopefully. Funny I made the decision to do this prior to the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Looks like that isn't going to impact duck hunting much in our area anyway after all.

Ed.

Back