Duckers Day, Durham NH....

Nate Grace

Is anyone from the site going to Duckers Day in Durham, NH this year? I believe it is on September 8th.

Below is a write-up about the event, in case anyone is interested in going this year. It is a good time in a great setting.

Nate

Duckers' Day is set to return this year to Wagon Hill Farm on Route 4 in Durham. This great outdoors event will take place on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A $5 donation is required, and kids are free.

For an exciting change of pace, they're hoping to appeal to you to come on over and join them for a "new and slightly used hunting and fishing items" tag sale. You can contact them to set up your own table for $20, to sell or swap items.

Are there any hunting clothes you've outgrown (or have shrunk)? Items you've grown tired of? Prints and decoys you no longer have room for (or your wife is telling you to move them)? Bring them on down! No firearms please.

They are especially excited to have the two moose taxidermy "Forever Locked" on display at the event.

Historic artifacts of Great Bay and water fowling will also be on display. Build a duck box with your child, watch retrieving dog demonstrations, and visit with carvers, artisans and vendors. They will have raffles, games, and contests for children, auction items and much more.

They would also like to continue appealing to all different groups to "support your sport." The idea is to get as many conservation and sportsman organizations as possible to become involved and inform the public of their worthwhile endeavors.

Duckers' Day was first held in 1991 to promote and foster the wise stewardship of the Great Bay Estuary and future waterfowling in the area.

Ducks Unlimited will again sponsor the event. Ducks Unlimited conserves, restores and manages wetlands and associated habitats. Since 1937, the private, nonprofit organization of Ducks Unlimited has constructed more than 36,000 wetland projects throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. These projects now provide 10 million acres of habitat for some 900 wildlife species.

For information please contact Dick Magie at 472-7350 or fmagie@comcast.net; Rick or Barbara Church at 434-4303 or rl.church@comcast.net; or Mike Nolan at 772-0648 or michaeln@thebravergroup.com.

Last edited:
Nate
I wish i could make it but for the second year in a row i have a wedding to go to. It sounds like it will be a good time. I heard that Dave will be there show people how to burlap up foamers. I wish I could make it. Enjoy it.
Colin

Hey Nate,
The tide is supposed to be high at 11:00 AM so maybe we might get John C. and Bill P. to bring their sailing Barnegats down for a show. If they're up for it I'll bring mine too. I've got a bunch of prints and some decoys that I'm going to try to sell also. Hope the weather cooperates.
Bill

Hey Bill,

That sounds like it would be fun. I am planning on attending with my dad. I was going to email you recently to ask about your decoys. Will you have any eider there?

Nate

Guys tell me more about the Ducker day . I would love to take a trip up from RI and check it out . Thanks

Dave M

Hi Dave,

If you were going to come up from RI just for Duckers Day, I would try and combine it with something else to see or do in NH. The event is fairly small and you'll probably get your fill in about an hour or so. The setting is on about 2-3 acres of land and some boat builders, carvers, decoy callers, artisans, etc., bring their stuff up and basically have it on display and for sale. They will have swap meet of sorts there this year. I think they will also have a replica of an old sailing barge or gundalow there that Strawberry Banke had built. The event is located in one of the prettiest spots in NH, right on the banks of the Great Bay. You could come up for Duckers Day and then head over to Kittery and hit the Post and the outlet shops.

Nate

Nate ,

Thanks for the input , i am going to try to make it up there , and like you said stop at Kittery on the way up or back . You can never have enogh duck hunting equiptment . Thanks

dave

Stop on your way back. It is also Sepfest at the Post and its another long stop. Duckers Day
seems to be really hoping in the AM as well. The Post is there till 9.

Just my .02

Just a heads up about Duckers Day this weekend. I am hoping to go in the morning. It is supposed to be damp. Hope to see some of you there.

Bill Wasson - sent you a PM. Thank you sir!

Nate

Now that the date got changed i can make it. I will be there in the morning, i have my daughters first birthday in the afternoon.
See ya there
Colin

Back