Ducks, Dogs and Decoys on DirecTV tonight

Nick Wansha

Capt. Jeff "Pittboss" Coat's new TV show starts tonight. First episode includes my friend and fellow lifetime LPWA member Rod Cockrell who will be hunting with Capt. Jeff Coats for a layout Old Squaw Hunt and a Brant hunt with Mike Bankes of Bankes Boats in MD.

It will be on tonight (12/29) at 10:30 pm EST on the Pursuit Channel, Channel 608 on DirecTV

The show will also be on other days and times also, for other dates and times go here http://www.pursuitchannel.com/ShowSchedule.pdf

you aren't missing much, lee.

He seems like a nice guy but his videos are really drug out and underhunted.

If you like the behind the scenes style hunting video than his film for you.

Myself, if i watch a hunting show i dont want to see someone pumping gas, getting donuts, messing with cameras, and such.

My two cents

Myself, if i watch a hunting show i dont want to see someone pumping gas, getting donuts, messing with cameras, and such.

My two cents

What kind of donuts?

I certainly hope they're Krispy Kreme. If not, it makes you wonder...hmmm...

Last edited:
I don't think I could disagree more. I find it very refreshing. I don't miss the blood and guts (100 kill shots) and the heavy metal music that seems so prevelent in today's videos. I like a little behind the scenes stuff with regular guys doing normal hunts. How many times do you need to see a bunch of 40 year old teenagers high-fiving each other after blowing up a mallard hovering between to mojos in Canada. Nice not to see countess product placements or one big long commercial in-between the other commercials. Over a run of an entire series in a season this would be the type of show that would attract more viewers.

Ducks, Dogs and Decoys TV, Week 2

Pursuit Channel #608

10:30 pm EST
9:30 pm CST
8:30 pm MST
7:30 pm PST

Drew, I agree 100%. Jeff is a great guy, great hunter, and a great artist with either a camera or in the carving world. I do not have access to his show but would love to see it. There is nothing appealing about a stack of birds piled next to a mojo and a logo plastered trailer in the background!

My two cents

I know Jeff and I always like to see someone I actually know. Jeff is a good guy and I'm like the others that would rather see the works than a pile of bloody game.

I agree 100%. I don't get that channel, but Jeff's DVD is one of my favorites. I'm sure I'm a little biased after talking to him a good bit, but it's still a great DVD.

Hopefully, Jeff isn't wearing the latest greatest must have camo with the tags hanging off of it. Saw a show where they started out in the bunkhouse and the host was tearing open boxes of coats, waders, hats..etc like a brat on Christmas morning. Of course it all worked perfectly on the hunt and nothing but praise was rained down on the stuff all during the show.

I have only known Jeff for a few months. You will not find a nicer more aproachable proffessional guide. IMO, Jeff's videos capture the life style of the waterfowler, which includes training dogs, making decoys, etc. Waterfowling is about more than the killing. Im jealous I cant get the show from my cable provider. Keep up the good work Jeff!

Lee-
I agree 100%. I understand that's how things work nowadays, like when Sutton just HAD to have a box of D.U. approved Winchester Black Cloud Dry Lock Super Duper Cripple Swatter Shells on the console of his boat for his Hollywood debut, or how every story in Wildfowl (or most other magazines) just HAVE to say how great their Greenhead Gear decoys and Duck Commander camo worked..... but it still takes away from the story and makes you wonder whether they'd do just as well with their Wal-Mart discount shells, plywood decoys, and old faded Carhartts......

Last edited:
Back