East Coast Eider guide

Jason R1

Hi Guys,

Went on a guided hunt in Virginia last year and am still embarrassed that I was involved in any way with it. For clarification, i booked it from the net without input from here.

I'm looking to try an eider hunt on the east coast and would welcome any input on locations to try or potential guides. Please feel free to PM me if you would rather do that than post.

Thanks to all,

Jason R

Again where do you want to go?
if you want to go to LI NY Jacks your man. If you want to go to MS. Jack Renfrow,Rubin Perez and a bunch others. RI Brian and the swampers. ME I can vouch for Eiders Down, its been 15yrs since my last visit.

Phil

Capt Steve King East Coast Waterfowlers hunts all of Long Island out to Montauk and has a brand new 28 Duckwater! www.eastcoastwaterfowlers.com

Jason,

Checkout the Swampers, he is a contributar to this site and will put you on birds . Good luck he is RI.

Dave M

If you want eiders I wouldn't book a trip any further south than Rhode Island to hit or miss.

In Rhode Island I would recommend Brian Rhodes The Swampers ( the advantage is they have Sunday Hunting)

In Mass. Capt Jack Refnew Coastline Guide Service

In Maine Todd Jackson Penobscot Bay Outfitters ( I have personally hunted with him, he know his stuff and has great equipment)

Last edited:
Jason - Heads up........some states have different laws and RI requires a hunter safety cert. even if you have been hunting for decades....and are licensed in other states.
sarge

If you want eiders I wouldn't book a trip any further south than Rhode Island to hit or miss.

In Rhode Island I would recommend Brian Rhodes The Swampers ( the advantage is they have Sunday Hunting)

In Maine Todd Jackson Penobscot Bay Outfitters ( I have personal hunted with him, he know his stuff and has great equipment)

Larry don't knock Montauk until you've been here

In Maine Todd Jackson Penobscot Bay Outfitters ( I have personal hunted with him, he know his stuff and has great equipment)

Larry don't knock Montauk until you've been here

Jack nobodys knocking Montauk been there many times, great Striper fishing, tuna fishing, great Scoter Hunting but from what I ve seen Eiders arent as plentiful as the other states.

Ok, here is my take.

Capt. Jack, Windy Guide Service and Steve King, Eastcoast Waterfowlers are your best guides for Long Island.

- Montauk has tons of birds, more Sscoter then Eiders for sure, but there are plenty of Eiders out there. All in all, Montauk has more birds then I have ever seen.

Capt. Brooks, Ocean State Outfitters and Capt. Brian Rhodes, The Swamper for Rhode Island are both great guides.

- Rhode Island is a great area to hunt with a lot of birds

Capt Jack Reinfow, Coastline Guide Service for Massachusetts.

- Massachusetts has tons of birds, you will most likely shot more Eiders in Mass then the other states.

Steve King is a friend of mine and he is a great guide with awesome equipment, All of the Guides above are top notch, this is my honest opnion I hope it helps.

Chris D

Another vote for Jack Renfew. Hunted with him 2 years ago and planning to hunt with him again next year. Had a great hunt.

Back