Easton show

ken yacavone

Anyone going to the Waterfowl Festival in Easton Md?
Debbie Schmiedlin will have a display of Jim's decoys there.
I kinda got a strange feeling thinking of Jim now as a "legend" rather than our friend living in Bradford Woods. Time is short so create now.
Ken

Jim was our friend and a legend while he was alive, and still is. Now he is in the Happy Hunting Ground, were God Willing we will be. His art shall live on for many generations.

Enjoy the show Ken & Ann. Tell all we said hello, especially Jimmy Bowden.

"I didn't find my friends; the good God gave them to me." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

I'll be driving down early that morning just for the auction. Interestingly enough, it's my birthday that day. Looking forward to seeing some old friends. In addition, looking to hopefully return home with some new acquisitions.

Easton won't be the same without Mr. Ed Itter Sr. A true gentleman, class act, carver & artist. He was a big help when I did the show after 9-11, and the crowd was very subdued. I doubt that this election will be worse than that.

RIP Mr. Itter. You will be dearly missed.

We wont get there till late Thursday.
I remember Jim saying at our last get together at his house that Easton was another thing he never got to do.
Go while you can!
What bothered me was the transition from a friend to a display of his work probably in the artifacts section.

If you guys get a chance to ride around in the area, take a drive to Tilghman Island. Your wives will thank you as you have to drive through St Michaels where there is much shopping and the Cheasapeake Maritime Museum. Once on Tilghman, stop at the Tilghman Island Country Store for the best baked goods in Talbot County. My sister is one of the owners and she keeps a supply of my decoys in the store for sale.

John Bourbon

John,We stay in St. Micheals and have been to Tilghman a number of times. Great places to visit,plenty to do and see. Will give the store a look if we get time. Thanks for the heads up. And yes Ken we are in trouble and I can't wait. Tim

Back