Fall pictures in the Rockies

Paul Meisenheimer

Supporter
I was going to post under Dani's thread and decided since there really isn't any color in these shots I would post a few in their own thread.

In this area we don't get a lot of color unless you want to count fir tree green. I am missing the autumn reds from Ontario but the scenery more than makes up for it. My wife and I took the dog and headed out this afternoon for Takakkaw Falls. The temperature was in the sixties when we left home but we did see snow falling above 6000 feet and it was cold up there. Here are a few pictures from today. They aren't great as it was raining, snowing and generally very overcast.

These first two pictures are from the Spray Lakes area.

055_zps28885361.jpg

077_zps7f740789.jpg

The edge of the penstocks above Canmore.

097_zps35b5e10a.jpg

The national training centre for the Nordic ski team.

174_zps109fa36a.jpg

175_zps0f905e7c.jpg

The Yoho River

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/pmeis/2013%20Takakkaw%20Falls/202_zpsdb41b36b.jpg[/IMG[/url]]

[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/pmeis/2013%20Takakkaw%20Falls/245_zpse42a85ae.jpg

Last edited:
That termination dust is slowly working its way down the mountains where you live. It sure looked like jackets were in order as you got up there in elevation. Looks like the ski team will have all the snow they need soon to train.
Now I hope that weather pattern will work its way to southeastern Alberta where we get a lot of ducks from. Thanks for the nice shots of the Canadian Rockies, Paul.
Al

Al, it was just about freezing at 6000 feet. There isn't much flow in those mountain streams right now as they are glacier fed and they are freezing up. The time to view the falls is July.

All the ponds around here are full of ducks. I can't wait for next week when I head for Saskatchewan.

Paul, that is some gorgeous scenery you're living near. WOW! Not sure I'd like all that snow though as it got later in the season.

Good luck in SK.

Great pictures though

Dani

Mike, heading to the Quill Lakes area halfway between Saskatoon and Yorkton. A friend has a camp on a smaller lake nearby. It is a pretty good spot for ducks and geese. We may also head south for a day or two of upland hunting.

Last edited:
Back