Federanko boats?

Which one? 14 is obviously 14 long and 6 foot wide. The 17 is 7 foot wide and will be all glass and probably foam core construction. Havent got that far along with that one yet. Its on the back burner for now, I have some other big projects I need to finish up first. Some of the early 14s had wood keel and transom. The later ones are all glass construction. Only wood is the motor board and grass rails and Im looking into doing away with then as well.

Last edited:
Heard only good things about your boats Don.

Best of luck with the newest versions

Bob M

None of the above. height is whatever you want them to be and wind is an issue with any setup. Very hard to have a perfect setup for every situation

Don Federanko said:
None of the above. height is whatever you want them to be and wind is an issue with any setup. Very hard to have a perfect setup for every situation

You got that one right! Interesting design. I would love to see one close-up.

Don Federanko said:
Which one? 14 is obviously 14 long and 6 foot wide. The 17 is 7 foot wide and will be all glass and probably foam core construction. Havent got that far along with that one yet. Its on the back burner for now, I have some other big projects I need to finish up first. Some of the early 14s had wood keel and transom. The later ones are all glass construction. Only wood is the motor board and grass rails and Im looking into doing away with then as well.
You showed a pic of a 16 plug. What is the width of hull and length and width of cockpit on that hull ? What is h.p. rating also on that as well as h.p. rating on 14?

Don Federanko said:

Well stated and very true! Nice boat, I have a lot of fun with my Devlin Scaup. Thanks for posting the pics.

Hull is probably gonna end up just shy of 17' and it has a 7' beam. Size of cockpit has not yet been determined yet. Ill figure that out when I get that far. Plan is to have a few deck options. As far as hp I havent calculated the numbers yet but Im guessing a 90 would be no problem.The 14's guys have been running 40/50hp which seems to be perfect.

Don Federanko said:
Hull is probably gonna end up just shy of 17' and it has a 7' beam. Size of cockpit has not yet been determined yet. Ill figure that out when I get that far. Plan is to have a few deck options. As far as hp I havent calculated the numbers yet but Im guessing a 90 would be no problem.The 14's guys have been running 40/50hp which seems to be perfect.

Yamaha and Suzuki make nice tiller operated 70hps, more than enough for this hull.

Last edited:
Good morning, Don~

It's great to see your fine work. And, I can relate to the "copying is not my style". My Dad would always refer to the designing and planning process as "doping it out" - and it's the best part of the job!

I hope to meet you and your boat(s) at Tuckerton.

All the best,

SJS

Neat looking boat, are they going to have flotation foam and be United States Coast Guard Approved?
Phil

Back