Field Layout blind question

Pete McMiller

For those of you that have enough experience with portable field layout blinds, can you give me a heads up on what to look for or a recommendation on a brand, type, etc. I've never used one but see a need this fall on a planned trip to Canada.

Thanks,
Pete

Pete,

I love my Final Approach X-Land'R field blind. It's been the ticket for goose hunting in the horicon zone. The blind is low profile, roomy, and keeps me warm and dry. The best feature on this blind is that it folds in half to minimize storage space. (I can transport two in less space than one that doesn't fold.) Once folded in half there are carrying straps so you can "backpack" your blind into the field.

I've got two of them that only get used for goose hunting that your welcome to borrow.

Joe Lane

Pete, I too have X'Landers......more than one!! Love em, However, I have seen and laid in the new Avery Power Hunter and like them too. Price is right as well.

If you can borrow an X'Lander, by all means, try it out. And if and when you are going to buy one, please check out the Power Hunter. They fold even smaller than the X'Lander. Since I have more than one X'Lander and won a Power Hunter at my last DU event, I will use them both........and see which one I like better. Good luck in Canada.

Pete, I was going to recommend the X-Lander, but it looks like you located one to use. The boys and I have had them for a few seasons now and they are very well made. Low-profile + plenty of grassing loops so they hide well - as you can see from the pics. Backpack straps are very convenient when walking in to fields.

Also recommend you look into a dog blind for Otto - We have a Finisher, but there are all sorts. If they're reliably steady, it's a pleasure to hunt them out of one.

GoosewmattH 003 (600 x 396).jpg

HuntatDicks6 (600 x 423).jpg

Back