First peek at Schellinger High Boat

Hi Roy - I'll send measurements when I get back to the hunt club. It's a mid-90s high box. I noticed the width and height of the cockpit grew in the later models. I saw a 2013 high box with a cock pit that was about 6 inches higher and wider than mine. There was one on offerup as well as craigslist. Check jersey shore or Wilmington, DE areas.

View attachment Roy Boat 1.pdf

I figured someone was going to pick that one up quick. Told one of my gunning partners who's on the look out for one but nobody ever seems to have the cash in hand.

jode hillman said:
Pretty sure a buddy of mine has it locked up

I meant this 12 ft that Jonathan just bought. Everyone wants one after gunning out of mine, as I'm sure you are quite familiar with.

Jonathan that O/U is a 12 gauge DeHaan. I used to use that a lot but have since switched back to autoloaders for ducks.

I’m not a Roy guy but was told that the difference between a Roy high boat and the low boat was 6 inches on the side. That is what Roy himself told a friend who was at it house looking at his boats

Hi Craig,

Have you ever felt need for a back-up trolling motor in case the outboard fails? Any ideas on mounting one as a kicker on a 12 foot high box? Hope you're having a good season. Lots of black ducks this year for me. Thanks.

Jonathan

I try to stay up on my maintenance on my outboard motors and haven't had one fail me yet (knock on wood). The only time I'd think someone would need a trolling motor around these parts is on the lakes that don't allow gas powered outboards.

I run twin 350s on my fishing boat but I don't think I'm doing any 100 mile runs in the roy boat anytime soon.

This season has been slower, still hunting a lot and putting in the time, but last year was much better. Of course we had much colder weather last year and not as much rain.

Can never have just one boat. I may be one of the few who's fishing boat is faster than their roy boat [;)]

jGZJMke.jpg

Craig is likely the one responsible for the shortage and price of Roy's. Having said that, I wouldn't know what one was if not for him. So I can't fault him for that.

I've only had one look at his.

One thing I will say: I have never in my life seen a 12' boat with that much room that hides 2 hunters well. I think it will be my next and last boat after my sneakbox. If I can ever find one.

Back