Flocking the flock down by the dock

Scott O.

I'm getting anxious already so I got out the geese to look them over.

I decided these heads needed touching up so using a flour sifter and some oil flat black I was able to reflock a dozen in less than an hour and they came out fairly decent. (I found the black flock kit on E Bay)

These 12 mag shells on motion stakes along with 24 Hard Core full bodies are all I am taking out this year. I dont want to mix them in with the older Big Foots or the Standard G&H shells or the silos because there is so much difference in the lifelike aspects...heads, coloration etc. (so they will be for sale soon)

The Hard Cores (not shown) look about as lifelike as I have ever seen and I put them out in the yard just for fun occasionally. They draw geese right down into our clearing in the woods and thats something that just doesnt happen on its own. Ducks come in all of the time but the geese generally just don't like that closed in feeling.

View attachment flock.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mike!

The kit I bought has plenty of black flock left too so I thought I would go ahead and do the heads on the 2 dozen G&H shells before I sell them.

Its kind of amazing how much more real the geese look once they are done.

I also saw that there were other colors of flocking available, specifically green and deep blue, and I can see how that would be doable for your drake mallards or GEs, BBs or buffleheads. But I am sure it would be pretty labor intensive to do a pintail, GWT, widgeon etc.

Has anyone ever tried this on their duck decoys or is it pretty much limited to geese?

Nice, and now the best part is that you can do the touch up on them yourself if they get beat up or the flocking gets rubbed off.

Aaron

Jim,

You have a true sickness....wow, the amount of thought, effort and time to do what you did. Amazing.

have a good hunt this fall!!

Back