Foamer decoys

brendan

i have beenmaking my own foam decoys lately and have been coating them by first spreading wood glue on them then putting saw dust on them it works but i had a idea i thought that i might be able to use spay on truck bed liner if any one has tryed let me know

No need to do that...

Use 2 part Urethane 5# foam.....

truckondecoy2.jpg

Brendan

You might have trouble with your paint adhearing to the bed liner...or might not. Unless you are making coot and scoters (ie all black) you likely want to paint some over the liner. Try a couple and let us know, but I don't remember anyone trying this before.

Chuck

I use acrylpro and burlap. A layer of acrylpro then burlap then another layer of acrylpro. A layer of primer paint and then paint away per species.

I have used brush on bed liner for some corks. The paint had no adhesion issues. However, it did not fully protect the cork. It was easily broken in soft spots in the cork.

My guess is that bed liner is very tough due to being bonded to hard metal. Without the metal it seemed too flexible to hold up. I didn't have catastrophic failure, but failures none the less. Water seeping into the cork can't be good for longevity. I went to epoxy as a result.

Back