For those with sneakboxes...

salt water marsh...inside a mile.....if its further I take the big boat with my Momarsh DP

Last edited:
Some days it'll be a 2 min boat ride and other days it'll be a 15mile ride

Same here, some days the outboard barely warms up before we are at the spot, other days its a 6-9 miles ride.
Always a 20-40 minute truck ride though.

Salt marshes, rivers, and streams up in the woods. Depending on where I'm going it can be a 5-10 minute ride or a 30-40 minute ride. That's running around 25 mph.

Hunting Northern Indiana most round trip conditions where under 5 miles, except a few weekends Hunting the Maumee River in which I spent the day running and gunning which ended up near 15 miles through-out the trip. Hunting Kentucky and Barkley Lakes most round trip conditions where around 3 miles because of greater access to boat ramps. Usually I barely put a dent in the 3 gallon tank with a 9.9 hp. I am planning on dragging the boat down to Houston in the next few months. Most google map conditions I have measured against are around 15 mile round trip in the bays I have scouted. Unfortunately most boat ramps are along the International Water Ways. I believe I will be going with a new flat plastic 6.6 gallon or greater tank, a small up to date handheld GPS Garmin, and a SPOT/Safety Satelite Tracker Responder.

Regards,
Kristan

running time 5 minutes to 1/2hr depending where on the bay I want to be.
I am running either a 10 or 18 hp over 20mph, I slowed down a lot I am no longer
running a 25hp on a 12 barneget.
IF you are counting push polling. You could add 1/2hr there are some low water spots that can take some time do get to due to the low water.

Back