Fred A. Allen Sportsmen's Specialty Company Bow Facing Oars

Fred A. Allen Sportsmen's Specialty Company Bow Facing Oars 2024-09-29

Geez, Eric, do you do anything on your weekends anymore but plough through old duck-boaty references that have been digitized? Just in the last few weeks you've pulled together a lot of great historical material!

Jeff

Thanks for noticing. @Richard Lathrop has done a lot of the work too. I'm trying to figure out the best direction to go. For quite some time I've wanted to create a database of duck boat information for boats produced in the past and present but that is a huge undertaking and too big for me to do alone. I wish I could get today's manufacturers on board but there are so many social media outlets for them to promote their boats I doubt they see it as worth their time. On the vintage boats it is a slow process to find good info and clear pictures. There have been so many duckboats made over the decades yet a lot of them have disappeared with little info or pictures that I can dig up. I really like product catalogs and ads but a lot of that print is in the landfill. If I could get users to submit their own pictures and info that would be great but only a few have stepped forward. Until I really figure out how to get the database built and get some folks behind it, like Richard, I'm going to tinker with it in my spare time. I do really appreciate yours and Steve Sanford's encouragement.

Back