Frontline or k9 advantix???

Jay H

Need a flea and tick guard for rudy. She has simPleguard now that is only good for two more weeks and dosent seem to be doing anything. What is your preference

I used to use Frontline until the generic WalMart sells came out, I think its Advantix. It seems to work just as well as Frontline did... I apply every 3 weeks due to lots of time spent in the water.

i run one of liquids in the spring/summer, but find it doesn't cut it during fall/winter hunting season when the dog is encountering a lot of ticks. I then switch to a collar.

I have used frontline for the past 3 years with not one flea or tick. I get mine from ebay. You can buy a kit on there for a lot cheaper then anywhere else. I order it for myself, mom, sister, and 2 neighbors every year.

The last time I was at the vet they said there was a new chew like heart guard that also included a flea and tick prevention. I cannot remember the name of it, and I have not tried it. Just another option. I can find out the name if you are interested. The price was close to the same as a heart guard chew and frontline for a month.

In past years I have used Frontline but in some areas where the ticks are bad it was like putting gravy on the dog.( I did about 20 marks in a local field one night and pulled over two and a half dozen ticks off my pup, I found three dug in two days later)) My vet gave me a product called Omnitrol(Vedco,Inc), so far I have not pulled tick one off the pup. This stuff is cheaper then frontline (not paying royaltys to the French company, Sanofi)

Back