Fruits of my labor, BB almost done

Gene R.

Well, I finally got the Dodger mounted on Broadbill. Just need to get cockpit fabric sewn up and little more gillie camo made for bow. Monday went to local lake and scratched 4 birds out. Cash got a nice warm up and did very well retrieving. He learned a new dismount from boat though. When released he takes one bound in cockpit to top of motor then LAUNCHES off the top of Mercury! He goes Flies about 8' off back of boat into lake. It's pretty entertaining to say the least.
Anyway here's some photos of dodger build and the fruits.

Gene

spraydodger003.jpg

spraydodger008.jpg

spraydodger007.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Boat is looking great, if ya mount a diving board on the motor ya could realy teach him some fancy water entrys, like a 1-1/2 with a pike tuck entry!!! LOL;-) Good luck this season

Cash better practice up...I want to see a classic Triple Lindy by the time hit Chincoteague! Looking good man.

See ya tomorrow...

Cash better practice up...I want to see a classic Triple Lindy by the time hit Chincoteague! Looking good man.

See ya tomorrow...

Thanks guys, Yep, diving board or grip tape. On acouple of retrieves his ass kicked out sideways from slipping. I think he thought he was @ the Dock dog comps again.
I dropped the cockpit cover fabric off @ sewing lady today, She just shakes her head everytime I come in.
Steve, Well by Chinc. he'll be ready if I keep doing my job knock'em down. Maybe a action photo of him, taken from your boat? hint,hint.
I'm leaving around 2pm to head up, see ya between 4-5pm. I'm ready to make my annual donation to raffles while others win stuff:) You sure you want me at the same table,I got Charlie Brown's luck.

Gene

Nice looking boat! I've been thinking of building or buying a similar style boat that is easier to launch than my 16' with the 50 hp Mercury. Something that the dog and I can hunt out of on a couple of the smaller Finger Lakes that are close to home. Your dog seems to fit nicely under the dodger on the front deck. From what I've read I believe that there are two Broadbill boats, Devlin and Arthur Armstrong. Is that a Devlin? What size outboard do you have on it?

The gillie camo looks good. Were you the one who made it with the sisal twine (I remember seeing a post but don't remember who posted)? I did the same thing with sisal twine tied onto a piece of old dragger net. It covered the bow and sides of a 12 foot boat that I borrowed from a friend for a few seasons. I wasn't as ambitious as you though, your gillie looks much thicker.

John, My boat is a factory built BB from Original company with a 15 s/s mercury. Nope I didn't do the sisal, way to much work. I made gillie from mesh netting on 2 bunds of $10 camo burlap from wally world and mojo gillie bundles. Some raffia here and there just to finish. I can relate to the your big boat sitution also, In backround of pics is my Duck wrangler 17 w/50 merc tiller. Dog fits on bow under dodger and behind seat.

Gene

Nice looking boat, Gene. It would need outriggers on both sides for me to feel comfortable----no waves larger than 3 inches either. I really am quite afraid of water-----deep water.
Al

Confront your fears Al...your missing out man. Deep water is one of my biggest fears as well. I go safe or I don't go...ask Gene. Most of my time in the boat is white knuckle on the tiller. But man it is sure fun being out on the water.

Steve

John, Gunner looks just like my youngest boys chessie, Magnum. Give your boat a season of sitting in it on normal Ohio waterfowl days and you"ll figure out all the modifications needed in the off season.

Al, you've got way more fowl than we do and alot less water, but I know I'd miss the big water even if if less fowl. As for Steve suggesting to overcome fears,hmmmm. I'll remind him of that this Dec and January down on Ch. Bay @ the launch, just for you.

Gene

Hey...shouldn't you be out catching coon dung in your treestand Gene? There will be no more confronting by me than I already do...

Hey...shouldn't you be out catching coon dung in your treestand Gene? There will be no more confronting by me than I already do...
Steve, Like i texted ya, it's a "sign" when the coon in tree beside your treestand takes a dump, Just call it a day. Push them fears down deep inside ya and let them fester. Wait, no that's anger. Oh I'm confused now. Yeah try that and get back to me.

Gene

Gene this boat is a stable and stealthy machine. I have a cedar blind to put on it . I am going to cover it with camo netting. It will be done before our second split or sooner. Got a smaller battery to fit under the deck. Will post some pics when I get it done. Major work will be done after the hunting season ends. Going to Magee this weekend.

Boat looks great but the real star of that shot is those loaded decoy racks on the wall ...nice..wish i had the room and the time to organize my stuff that well..

Dewayne, yeah the few that were there were setting into decoys and stayed.
Greco, uhm organized for now, come full throttle into season and traveling they be scattered between boats trk etc. It all started 25+ years ago and developed into a real addiction.

Gene

Back