Grumman Boats?

In some of the 16' grummans models I have looked at in the past do tend to be very deep and wide. The boats I have seen are on par with lowe, smokercraft, etc...

I've had that model boat in the past, it was a great boat, very stable and dry. The only reason that I sold it was I wanted a cc to tow out the pond boxes

Carl, Whats that hanging off the back? an old Evinrude or a Honda?? Grumman is a rivited hull that can leak eventually but they are pretty good boats in my H.O.

Old 9.5 Evinrude, '69 or 70. Guys says it cranks right up, runs well. Keeping my NIssan, so the 9.5 will get sold with my existing Jon boat.
I've been around riveted hulls since early 1980s, I have faith in them. The only ones I have seen that leaked were dented or abused. Buddy of mine has a late 1970s riveted jon that has been used in brackish water its whole life, no leaks.

I've gotten all good feedback on these hulls, so as of right now, I'm going for it.

Talked to the owner today & got the full specs. Eric D. is going to check it out for me, its close to his house.

I'm pretty psyched, this is exactly what I was looking for:
  • Only off from the Sylvan 15 DLX by a 4" in width & ~4" in length with similar capacities And its a big improvement over my existing boat (5 person/700# vs 3 person/480# on my existing).
  • Walk-thru with storage is exactly the layout what I want.
  • Comes with trolling motor, battery & depth finder.
  • Short transom so I can run my Nissan on it.
  • Will fit my galvanized trailer perfectly.
  • My current blind should fit with minimal modifications as well.

Only fix is a coat of flat paint. Gonna have to decide between marsh tan, battleship grey or OD green?????

Will keep everyone posted, but so far it looks like we have a winner.

That looks like a deal Carl. Right in the ball park as far as price. A good brand as well.

I have a Grumman wide fisherman.16 feet. Very well built. I have used mine hard for 7-8 years now. I have broken a lot of ice with it. Hit more than a few sand bars. It has been all over Washington chasin birds and fish. It has been on the Columbia, in Puget Sound, and a lot of smaller water. It just finally started leaking last year. Has 2 loose rivets. I will tighten them or sela them and it wont leak any more. Ran about 22 mph with a 25 hp Mercury, runs as fast as 35 mph with the current 40hp Mercury.Not really safe at 35, better at about 30.
Its been a great boat.Ask Steve, it has been out in some rough water.My wife also has a story, and that story is the reason it now has a 40 instead of a 25hp on it.

Back