HE or SHE

Dick Sargeant

This guy would not shut up - so I took his picture -

1710DPP.jpg

In a couple minutes I got to see what all the fuss was about -

1719DPP.jpg

This deer got into a serious grooming session -

1728DPP.jpg

I know bucks lose their antlers in about February or so and this deer was pretty good size for coastal MA
Can anybody tell me if it's a HE or a SHE ?
sarge

Sarge, without a doubt those are your best shots yet. Looks as though things are coming together for you.

Great shots

Gary March

looking good ,,,,keep them coming the off season is so long..................................................to wait................

Sarge----it is spring time, that is why the constant chatter. Sure glad to see that you are getting some nice shots now. Have fun.
Al

That blackbird came out nice. I heard my first redwings the other day. Spring must be here...right?

I can't tell if it's a he or a she.

Nice shots . That looks to be a doe,your first shot of her head appears to be smooth. Bucks will have a lumpy forehead,even button bucks have it. We harvest a lot of doe's in northern New york(st Lawerence co) and you have to learn to look for those bumps if you want to see future rack bucks.

That deer is absolutely a doe. By now a bucks pediciles will have scabbed over or maybe even started growing antler again, these would be very visible.

eddie

Nice pics. That looks like a doe and a young one at that to me. Notice how short the snout looks, looks like less than 1 year old. Not in too good of shape either, must have been a bad winter??

Thanks guys..........nice to see good feather detail in focus. Carl I agree the deer does look like the winter that we had.......a tough one.......snow fairly deep with plate on top for about 2 months. At one point this same deer was eating the underside of cedar branches and I thought...... how can an animal eating wood - taste so good ? ..............like ducks and acorns I guess. Adam the camera is a canon digital slr.
sarge

Back