Help on finding nav light base plates in black or camo

uncle mike pierce

I want to put the plug in style running/navigation lights on my duck boat for this fall, the type where I install a base that is wired into my battery, and just plug in a white running light on the rear and red/green light on the front. I don't care if the masts for the lights are chromed, but want the base plates to be flat black or camo. What marine suppliers carry black or camo base plates? The only ones I have found at common suppliers re chrome.

help!

Thanks

Try this... It is what I'm using.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AQUA-SIGNAL-BOAT-LIGHT-BASE-HORN-22180-/130624222451?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item1e69cf74f3&vxp=mtr

Good luck!

Mike

Uncle Mike,

I have the 6" removable mast type front and rear base mounts from Temp. They are black rubber, made by Taylor, with a water-tight cap. I use them on both my Lund Alaskan an also my Grumman Sport Boat. Fleet Farm has the bases and also the plug ins.

Make sure that the bases are different pin configuration. 2 pin for the front and 3 pin for the back. Your rear light switch has both running and anchor tabs on it.

Art

Last edited:
Flat black spray paint. I used flat tan paint but same idea. This way you can buy any base you want. Mine was initially chrome. A little scuffing, couple coats of paint and after several years they still look good today. I bought the chrome swivel type.

Mark W

Last edited:
Believe it or not use black spray plastidip on the chrome. No prep required and it will stay in place until you physically make it peel off. They are using it on trucks and cars right over chrome no problem. I've used it on my old truck and it stayed on for three years and was still in place when I traded it in.

thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately my fleet farm does not have a complete supply of marine stuff. As an example, they have no front nav lights to fit the plug in mount, but have the plug in mount, and they ahve the white light on a mast, but no base to fit it.

The manager of that section said, "No we cannot order anything, what we ahve is what we have...."

But I am trying other sources in the area. Thanks!

Back