Hey Ira...

Jamus

Hey Ira--
Hope you’re doing well. Quick question: have you guys looked into making cockpit covers for the fatboy originals? Mine sits out on top of a trailer and I’d love to get a cover for it so it doesn’t fill with snow and ice and so that I can store doors and whatnots in it when it’s not in use. Any thoughts here?

Thought I'd post the question here to see if anyone else would be interested in something like this.

Thanks
jamus

I have the same thought but I've got a different approach. Since the marshes I hunt have things dissappear or end up damaged from time to time I don't want a nice fiberglass cover that can come up missing when I get back to the ramp or find it shot up. I bought some 1000 denier Max4 material from Ira a few years ago. (I've been thinking about this awhile). I tried sewing it with my wifes sewing machine but the fabric is too heavy. I have a Sears Tent and Awing outlet in my area so they're going to sew up a cover with snaps on it for me. I'll be able to travel with my stuff loaded with out worrying about it flying out of the boat and I'll have a camo cover that I can throw some local brush on and a rain cover I can snap on in a hurry if nedd be.

Take care,

Ed L.

I was thinking about the same thing and took it to a local marine canvas place, but the quote was outrageous ($1000) so I passed. I had thought of making one out of plywood, but would rather not have the weight and bulk.
Let me know how it works out for you

Best
jamus

That is pricey. I'd have to pass also. Another thought I had (when I still had a truck with a topper) was to make one from 1/4" luan in two pieces. use a piano hinge down the center. You can purchase these in 6' lengths from any site that caters to teardrop camper builders. Cover the hinge with waterproof fabric using velcro. The fold back on it's self when taking it off. It would be asier to handle and take lees rom in the bed of the truck. Since my hunting buggy is a jeep these days it won't work for me.

Show some pixs when you get something figured out.

Ed L.

Sounds like a couple product opportunities for Ira right there...a hard top storage cover and a travel skirt for the season.

btw: anybody else having a hard time getting to www.momarsh.com? not loading for me either at home or office...

Jamus, good to hear from you. I have considered building one in the past and we even had it on the schedule there for a while, just never got around to it. Surprisingly, we dont sell very many for the DP. We may build one, but it will not be this year. Current big project is a pit blind mold for use is WRP restriced easements.

My best suggestion for the time being would be to build one out of wood.

Sorry about the site. Domain name had expired this morning. I wondered what was going on when I noticed that I had not recieved any emails in a couple of hours.

Ed, your boat was picked up on Friday.

Thanks guys!

Ira,

A double banded snow goose in your avitar, as Doc said in the Tombstone movie....now I Really hate ya!

How deep did the water get on your place this second time? We have water everywhere down here in JDogs Bottom just from seeping in under the levee and rain... Could be a Great duck year in the right place! I've got a timberhole in mind think we could get Kev up to it?

Ira,

Thanks for the update. I'm sure I'll be hearing from Chad soon. Can't wait to start getting her rigged. I spotted my first Blue Wings yesterday. Not much longer now.

Thanks,

Ed L.

Hi Warren. Oh yeah, the water was up to the top of our levees again. All of our corn and moist soils choked out again. I think this one will finish off the tough trees that had made it through the last flood at the beginning of July. Mark and I were talking and this is the 13th flood event at the farm since the 1st of the year- just unbelieveable.

There should be plenty of water, but I dont see how there will be much feed up in our neck of the woods this year.....

Hope all is well for you and yours. You still sawing up the cedar birds?

Ira,

Yes I'm still carving the ceder off and on as time permits, new job requirements slow that process sometimes though. Lately carving foamers has gotten my attention though, its fun and easy for the kids to help carve the blocks with me, so foamers get the nod for now.

There is plenty of food around in the right spots, think of the general area I met with you long ago in a blizzard.. That area has lots of food and will be the sweet spot to be in Oct. and on... Already seeing quite a few ducks around the local marshes, can't wait.

Sounds like you and your Brother hunt year around almost now, great pics from your trip. Still think its crazy after I fall into a new group of guys from out of state and hunt with them only to find out you and Bart are friends. Small world..

Back