hi to all nebie with first build

So i got alot of sanding done yesterday. Still have alot more to do . i bought a nice orbital sander and a mouse sander , and ill probly wear them out before im finished haha .

im thinking about paint and how i want it to last . i have read all about fme paint , also serched for painting instructions . but only found things talking about painting a new boat , not an older gel coated hull .
so should i use some sort of epoxy primer or something else first before the fme paint? or is will the fme paint bond just fine to the sanded hull ? keep in mind i really dont want this hull chipping in a couple of season ?

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
And the thought behind the tiller came from all of the bigger duck boats i have seen with side console way in the back . I figured with the newer tillers there is really no big difference in the two.

Chris,

A lot of the boats setup with a side console near the back are designed to be operated from a standing position. A standing position gives the operator a better vantage point for steering the boat. Standing to run a tiller motor can be done, but is a bit more difficult to do safely.
[/font]

Dave, I do see your point and think its gonna b a small console up front possibly building it as a part of the closed bow what do u think of a coffin box right down the middle for storage and seating . Alot like the one for sale in the classifieds on here . i think its marked 18ft. garvey. i really like the lay out of it just would put console in front instead of tiller .

on another note my wife purchaed me a surprise gift of a new nikon digital sportsman camera its a coolpix cw-100 and i mean its an awsome rig . its waterproof and shockproof . so no more cell phone pics (even though i took some the other day that turned out awesome)

i also got alot of work done on the boat . i talked to mr. lou at lock stock and barrel ( who is an awsome nice guy )
and he recomended the boat b painted in a heated shop . so i went ahead and moved her inside . it took some time but i got here in there

DSCN0017_zps809a5fc9.jpg

DSCN0018_zps8a372dbb.jpg

also got a heater for the shop so spent the afternoon cleaning sanding and painting that . i think it will b really nice to work in a heated shop even though ill be splitting wood for it
DSCN0021_zps6d1fe17a.jpg

DSCN0022_zps4298db05.jpg

Back