Hiatus/Sabbatical Update

Cody Boots

Finally, all settled in after my last overseas tour. My wife and I took a week long vacation to Mexico where I had the opportunity to shoot some cinnamon teal. All three days I hunted, I bagged the trio. The whole experience was almost spited due to my experience with CBP in Atlanta. Regardless, the situation is handled and the birds are at the taxidermist.

This trip got the wheels turning. I'm not diving into the whole UWC challenge, but has anyone started to chase down species for their own satisfaction?

As I'm on the east coast for another 2 years. I'd like to build a ZT wigeon as soon as I can make sense of the plans to chase down black ducks and brants.
View attachment 20200220_103034.jpgView attachment IMG_20200220_180234_964.jpg

Cinnamon Teal are certainly pretty birds. I had the good fortune to bag a few in Wyoming 25 years ago. Now I regret not having one mounted.

Joe

I'd like to do the trip again. Tons of birds, liberal limits, lead 6's, and no plugs. The only bird I didnt get a crack at was a black belly.

Cody,

I am planning a hunt to Maine to kill some seaducks this coming December with Troy! Very excited to experience this unique situation and bird species!

Glad you?re back stateside. And had a chance for a cool hunt down south.

Kyle Hauck said:
Cody,

I am planning a hunt to Maine to kill some seaducks this coming December with Troy! Very excited to experience this unique situation and bird species!

Kyle,

Heading north for sea ducks is definitely on the short list. I shot black scoters a few times and have been hooked every since.

Carl said:
Glad you?re back stateside. And had a chance for a cool hunt down south.

It was an absolute blast. Wife loved the vacation part while I was in heaven being in the lobby by 5am for coffee and a long ride to the blind with like minded individuals.

Back