high gas prices survey

Nope... I will hunt the same... 56 miles to and from the river... and hopefully still make the trip to the pond...

Just less to squirrel away...

Honestly, Nope!

Chasing Fowl and Pats (grouse) its about as close to God as I can get. Nothing is better then walking in the woods in the fall with my dog it puts me back to "right". Ill make the 2000 mile round trip plus the 1000 miles of scouting to Manitoba in September. Ill chase Ducks and Pats locally on the beaver ponds, Ill take the drive to North Dakota for the family hunting trip in October and when my season slows down Ill find an excuse to go to Ohio once or twice to see my wifes family and chase some more fowl.

I am lucky that I am able to put money away through the year to do those things so three or five dollars a gallon I am going to enjoy doing the things I love. If I had to cut into the family budget each fall living paycheck to paycheck like we used to then I would have to really think about how much I spent. Then again back then I never took those trips.

I drive at least 300 miles a week for work, all out of my pocket. I guess the point of that, what is an extra couple hundred dollars. I look forward to duck season all year and will work more in off season to support my habit.

Back