high school duck boat project with pic

keith

im in my sr year of high school so me and my friend chose to build a blind on his boat as are sr project we used like a fencing material bent the top in a little bit. we left a small opening in the front for the dog in. we tied the blind together in the back with another panel of fencing and cut out a spot for the motor. the blind just slides on and off we used cloths pins and clamps to add grass mats we then took a 2x10 and layed it across the seats and put stadium seat on the 2x10 so we could sit facing outward.IMG_6507.jpgView attachment IMG_6507.jpg">

Last edited:
Keith~

The image was fine. If you want the image larger, you can download Photobucket (free) and create an account for yourself. Then just copy and paste into your post.

Nice job on the boat blind. Just one thought: If you use it on big waters - or anywhere that can catch a lot of wind - please be aware of how the windage of the tall blind will affect the handling and stability. Be sure to keep all the weight (gear and crew) as low as you can.

All the best,

SJS

Befor duck sesion we took it out and tested the boat with the blind to make sure that it was balenced.it worked like we dreamed the blind was not affected by the wind we tested in on a small lake in gusts of 15-20 mph which i thought was pretty impressive.

Back