homemade mudmotor help

bob welsh

well the litttle old 6 hp longtail croaked so I got a replacement motor and am having a problem with the u joint. The old one will not come off the motor shaft. It came off the prop shaft shaft fine . i even took it to a auto repair shop and they heated it up with a torch. I am going to have to replace it. My question is does anyone have the part number or exact u joint from NAPA or tractor suppply or anywhere else that I can slip on . This one is stumping me. Bob

I would just take it to the parts store motor and all
they should have something in stock that will work just fine
fleet farm has sealed ones for around 30 dollars

You can always measure the diameter of output shaft of the motor and diameter of the pop shaft and go to the farm store as mentioned . I've bought parts directly from Beavertail when I built my homemade mud motor.

Thanks for the advice guys. Off to the farm store this afternoon. Found one on beavertails website . About a hundred.

If it's not too late, you can get a complete new U-joint from Driveshaftparts.com for about $25. It's called the 1000 series u-joint, you can specify the shaft diameter for each side and it's really easy to put together and install. I've used 2 of their u-joints on mud motor builds and they are great.

I found it at mcmaster carr. Picked it up just now. Fits perfect. part number 6452K1 high torque neadle bearing u joint

Back