How are you preparing your duckboat for Hurricane Irene?

We have tornados touching down in NJ one touched down in vineland and northfield its scary stay safe everyone

Had a tornado pass 10 miles north of me and we just lost electric. Atleast I have plenty of batteries for the Milwauke radio and can listen to the Nascar race.

Bob,

We hauled all we could and started turning boats away last evening. I just could not commit to getting them all out in time and we were running out of yard space for the larger yachts. The yard looks like we are ready to go into winterization mode. Packed like sardines. The last few boats are sitting in the travel lift slings keel blocked and stands for extra support.
In case we need to go into rescue or recovery mode I have loaded the truck with dive gear and the CRRC 450 is also loaded and ready to go.
If all goes well it will just be flood damage and not a pile of boats and debris.
High tide is at 9:53am guess we will see what it brings.

Chris & Capt Jack, Hope you guys fare well on the East end.

Good luck guys, it's going to be a long night.

Just a side note. My marina usually has a large flock of Canada geese making a mess of everything. I have not seen one bird in the last two days. Wonder where they went?

Back