Hurricane Milton

Thinking about all you guys down there. I was talking to a friend that is headed down to Florida soon. His place didn't sustain any damage from Helena. He's about 1 hour north of Tampa but he's getting nervous about this one. What I read about Pinellas County and troubles with waste removal y'all don't need any more problems.

That West to East movement on this storm is crazy to see. Praying it doesn't turn into a monster before landfall.

What I'm seeing 2 hours North of me in NC is unfathomable.

Prayers for all y'all in FL on this next one too.

I've got in-laws in the Tampa Bay area who are very worried as this approaches. Category 4 as of this morning, and the forecast track looks very bad for Tampa.

Be safe Carl. I have friends down in that area as well who are watching this one real close. They just built their house down there.....

I've got in-laws in the Tampa Bay area who are very worried as this approaches. Category 4 as of this morning, and the forecast track looks very bad for Tampa.
I know several in the area as well. A couple lost everything and have no real shelter. One is an old school friend and work mate. She didn't have damage but isn't taking any chances with this one. She packing the car with her daughter and grandkids and headed out. I know if it tracks like it says where I lived and the surge they're calling for hits, there's a good chance we'd not survive.

Milton.
As in Paradise Lost Milton.
Here we go again.
This one has got me nervous. My gunnin partner for 15 years moved to Florida about five years ago and has already gotten flooded out once by the storm 2 years ago. He is between Tampa and Fort Myers so I'm hoping that this thing does not hit as planned.

This storm is simply unprecedented. From a TS to Cat 5 in less than 36 hours.
Its now at 175 mph and the track has Tampa dead centered.
My family has evacuated.
I will be pleasantly surprised if we have a livable house Thursday morning.

Thanks Eric.
I have to say my normally optimistic self is not optimistic at all this time around.

I wish you the best Carl. The present forecast is brutal. With a little luck, the storm will diminish substantially before it hits you guys. But just to be safe, get the hell out of there.

I was gonna say Carl, if you're leaving (which with that storm, I likely would)....get out NOW. I have been a part of large scale evacuations from big cities. They can be brutal and you don't want to find yourself stuck in traffic when the storm hits.

I too am hoping that the shearing they are expected to see affect Milton is going to be substantial and that he will diminish in strength before landfall.

Thanks Eric.
I have to say my normally optimistic self is not optimistic at all this time around.
I heard from friends they're cutting out this time. All that waste, debris and and appliances sitting in people's driveways and roadways will become projectiles and now they are predicting 20' surge. Y'all are in my thoughts down there. I hope Dani is right!

Carl--glad you and yours are already evacuated. Even with some weakening, this is looking like an enormous storm. My brother-in-law is still waiting to hear plans from some of his family members.

It is now at 180 mph. Expected to be 120-140 mph when it hits Tampa. If this forecast holds, this will be "our Katrina".

Thanks to everyone who has posted here and sent me PMs.
My family is safe.
Its going to be a stressful 48 hours as we wait to see what happens to our home.
I will keep our DHBP family updated via this or other threads.
Prayers, good vibes, positive karma and/or stump dances will all be appreciated.

Back