I am going to have to start building another boat!

Brandon Yuchasz

Come on now I know we are in a recession and times are tough but no one is building a dream boat this year. I did my part last year and posted pictures at every step so you could all look on and "get your fix"...

Well where is my fix? That what I want to know someone needs to start asking 100's of questions about the difference between a Black Brant II and a Black Brant III. Then they need to ask about the Bluebill. Then when they made a choice they need to rethink it!!! Finally they need to order wood and freak out a bit before they start working.

I know Charlie will be starting on his again soon and James is showing pictures of his paint but Its just not enough. If we dont get a decent class of 2009 going here soon I am going to have to take matters into my own hands and start that BBSB I have been dreaming of. If that doesn't work I will have to sell my 18' Crestliner and call up Devlin to get some custom plans on a 18' Black Brant.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! There is still snow on the ground up here!!!!

ah now i feel better.

Some one will step up to the plate soon. This addiction is not one to be taken lightly.;-) Personally I can't help until someone buys one off of me and makes room???? 10-4 on the white stuff, we are getting some right now. The best I can do is dig out some pics from last fall and try to get them posted (still a bit slow on that one) Patience, patience. There now I feel better.

Well Brandon, I will be starting back up on the BBIII soon. Does that make me the class of 2008 or 2009? I am ready to glass the deck, as soon as I have some STEADY warm temps. Then the electrical system, hang the new yamaha and oh yes, I still haven't purchased a trailer. I just sold my 2005 19' DW with a 2005 Suzuki 90hp 4 stroke, so there are funds available for another build. Something BIGGER, ah yes, something BIGGER:) Or maybe something in the middle.........or maybe............... I gotta finish the first one FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Ok you asked for it.
Here is my first boat build.
I just turned my boat over last night.
Time to start epoxy and fiberglass.

boat310093.jpg

Good looking duckhunter. I am waiting for a bit warmer weather to continue on my build. I am getting close but still far.

Well, Brandon...

I will be building a boat this summer. I have to now, I just put a $1000 deposit on a motor!

Gary
You go to the head of the class---class of 2009. Looking good.
wis boz
Thanks Jim,
I saw Chuck and Laurie V. this past Saturday at our training day at Mazo.
Sure was fun getting the dogs out again.
Looking forward to meeting you someday.
Maybe I will see you at Goose Island this summer?
Should have my boat finished by then.

Gary

With my personal economy mirroring the national economy I decided that a Tolman wasn't in the cards this year. I really "need" a new marsh skiff so ordered the plans for a Devlin Poleboat. Talked to Sam recently and as a result I am going to try to lighten it up by using 4mm Okoume rather than the spec'd 1/4". Looking for a completed weight of approximately 70#.

I talked to Sam for the first time a few weeks ago, he's a really helpful guy. After talking with him about the current designs and what I was looking for, we decided a new design was needed. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas while he is designing the boat. I'm hoping that he'll be done by June/July so I can start working on it.

The advantage to not having the design by then, I'll have time to clear the garage out and build a cradle.

I'd like to thank everyone for documenting their builds on here and for ideas. Once work begins, I plan of posting plenty of pics.

Dan,

If your design is the one he was talking about to me, I am interested in seeing the results. 16 ft., wide beam with a portion of the bottom flat? Sounds very interesting.

Pete, yes that's it. It should be about 15 feet long almost 6.5 feet wide. It should have about a 4 foot wide flat section of floor. My goal was for a boat that is really shallow draft, wide and stable.

ill probably be building either a hybrid outta home depot stuff, or if i get the money and can afford some real marine plywood, id love to build a poleboat or broadbill.

Back