It floats! - Sneakbox progress

Dave Diefenderfer

Sponsor
Worked real early today, and cut out at 8:30am. Ran home and hooked up the trailer. We launched at the local state park ramp. First time off the trailer, and first time with the used motor other than on a hose. What a rush!!!! The boat and the motor ran great. tooled around the bay for about an hour. Played with different pin positions found the lowest pin and then next hole made no differnece, and topped off at 13 to 14 mph per the GPS. When I moved up the pin the top speed dropped off. When we added my 18yr old son, the speed dropped down to 10mpg, so that is where I expect her to be in hunting trim.

Last edited:
Congratulations Dave - you've done a beautiful job on that boat! Be sure to show us some pics of her in action this fall.

Wow! that just says "Duck Hunting" right there! Congratulations on your build. Your son will continue to enjoy that boat 30 years from now. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Woo-hoo! Hope my Broadbill can soon follow in your boat's footsteps!

Grace and peace to you, fellow waterfowler!

David

Dave Diefenderfer,

You have done a fine job on this and I can only see great hunts from it in your future. I have enjoyed following your progress on this project. Best of luck to you in the upcoming season. Have you decided on a name for her yet?

Humm, a name? It has been "Sneakbox" all along.... I have thought about a small name plate with a re-launch date and my name on it, so maybe I could add a name. I did do a little looking, but wanted to stay away from the commercial boat names like Brant, Widgeon, etc... I am thinking "Hrota", from Atlantic Brant (Branta bernicla hrota). Open to suggestions if anyone has something....

Dave

Dave,

We've never talked about religion but give "Abishag" a search for a boat name. My father in laws name is David and his big boat is named such after a person in the bible. Your name is what gives it significance.

Gene

Back