Jersey Turkey Opener

Thanks Gene, it was more luck than anything. I called in a great bird for Ethan today. First season for him and the first time having one in front of the gun. He got the shot, but missed! He even made me check the gun to be sure it was "on" lol! It was........

Last edited:
It's hard to shoot them when breathing hard and shaking. At least that's what my son told me. He's hooked for life. Great job getting the next generation out there.

That's what he said Dave!....... Took him out this AM, but with the rain and cold front, no one wanted to play. This week looks like a washout too

Thanks Gene, it was more luck than anything. I called in a great bird for Ethan today. First season for him and the first time having one in front of the gun. He got the shot, but missed! He even made me check the gun to be sure it was "on" lol! It was........

Ouch! Bummer on the miss, but hopefully that just gives him all the more drive to get one.

Had the fam out yesterday, had a pretty good day. Had a jake skirt by us, bumped a couple jakes and had a gobbler answer a couple times then wander off... Good action for a couple hours.

Ouch! Bummer on the miss, but hopefully that just gives him all the more drive to get one.

Had the fam out yesterday, had a pretty good day. Had a jake skirt by us, bumped a couple jakes and had a gobbler answer a couple times then wander off... Good action for a couple hours.

Oh he's determined to get one, but finding time is hard with school, sports etc.

Sounds like you were close! It's only a matter of time I'm sure. You always seem to have to low down on a few nice Toms.

Back