June "whats on your workbench?

Red Breasted Merganser black walnut natural finish.
BobM
DSC00010-24.jpg

View attachment DSC00009.JPG

Last edited:
Really nice work so far this month. Bob that RBM in walnut is impressive.

No carving this month so only a bluegill watercolor I just finished.

bluegill.jpg

Tim

Thank you Tom. I really like your decoys. Can't wait to see those buffies with paint.

Tim

Finally after 15 hrs of painting i'm going to call this one finished.
Solid basswood and Traditions acrylics. This is my first wood decoy and first real attempt at painting feathers.
henruddy_edited-1.jpg

henruddytwo_edited-1.jpg

Nice Looking Ducks guys.
I took about a week off to finish up a long promised project. Building and installing a cherry breakfast bar and Corian counter-tops to match the rest of the kitchen I did 13 years ago.................Did I mention my wife is VERY patient! LOL!

She loves to cook, so my waistline will begrudgingly take the brunt of the outcome.............

The back wall tile and paint will have to wait another 13 years..........

Last edited:
My green wing hen, balsa with tupelo head, all dry brushed.

Jim Kirby

What type of paint did you use? I will need to attempt some hens eventually. I hope they will look that nice.

I have now finished my Euro widgeon and it on its way to Chuck J, Chuck is going to take some pictures of it and post them on the forum for me when he recieves the decoy.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

I have now finished my Euro widgeon and it on its way to Chuck J, Chuck is going to take some pictures of it and post them on the forum for me when he recieves the decoy
So Eddie, did you send it to his old address in Michigan or his "new" address in Shell Rock Iowa?? :>) :>)

Dave
It must have gone to his old Address, as chuck never informed me he had a new Address so thats where it as gone.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
its all about Building that Bond.

Dave
nice try mate HeHeHe.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber

Dave
It must have gone to his old Address, as chuck never informed me he had a new Address so thats where it as gone.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
its all about Building that Bond.

Geeze Eddie, can't believe you almost fell for that trickery...glad he didn't get a chance to try that before you mailed it.

Finally got back to some decoy work, dusted off the saw (like dirt dust, not saw dust) and rolled it outside and cut out some heads, 7 GE and 3 Mallards:

2010-06-22201000.jpg

One of the three calling mallards is actually destined for Shell Rock, Iowa...to be part of the Jeff Jacob's shooting gallery.

Chuck dont worry mate I have got Dave sussed he,s a tricky little lad but I thought I would play him along, hehehe.
maybe next time Dave with a bit of luck.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber.

One of the three calling mallards is actually destined for Shell Rock, Iowa...to be part of the Jeff Jacob's shooting gallery.

Chuck,

If indeed that happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jeff had better hope he gets it good, because it will be the last time he has that opportunity ever again. :>) :>)

Back