Kara Hummer (modified) with trailer. $750 obo

Dave Church

I have a Kara Hummer that was handmade by me and finished in October 2010. It is well built and numerous photos of the build can be found at Churchdecoys.com. Click on Photo Gallery and Sneak Boat Build to see the pics. It is 14ft long and built with quality materials. It is solid and stable and comes grassed with Avery Fast Grass. Has been modified from the original plans to have a square stern, a storage box with lid, a battery/gas tank compartment, navigation lights, three lifting handles, shock cord around the deck for grassing and gear, two gun racks inside the cockpit and an adjustable back rest. Comes with a custom trailer that has bearing buddies, new winch, new winch strap, new swivel tongue jack, new wiring harness and new lights. Boat has been in the water 5 times only! No leaks, four coats of fiberglass on bottom makes it solid and rugged. I will also consider trades for a 25-40 hp outboard motor. Asking $750 or best rerasonable offer. Contact Dave at 443-975-1880. Too many projects, started on the next one, this one needs to go. Go to the above website or contact me for pics at dcducks1@verizon.net.

Dave, great looking boat. Do you ever make it up to Michigan for any reason? I am in the process of my own rigid foam build as we speak but for that fair price I would take her off your hands if we could find a delivery method. My homestead is in SW Michigan. Either way nice job on the build!

No Shawn, unfortunately I don't. I am willing to have it dropped off to a shipping company if you had a semi coming your way or other means of transportation. Let me know what you think. dc

Dave.
I did check into shipping. Pretty expensive, cheapest I could find would be 200.00. Looks like I will have to get back in the shop and finish my build! Thanks
Shawn

Great looking boat. How big of an engine do you think she would take? Is the trailer in the pictures the one she comes with?

Yes, the pic that shows it all grassed and on a trailer is the correct trailer. One pic shows it on a utility trailer, that's not the trailer, I was just using that to do some float testing. The trailer is a double jet ski trailer that I have modified to handle the mighty Kara. There is probably enough room to rig it for a second Kara also if need be. The trailer has a new winch and strap, new lights, wiring bundle, and a new Tongue jack. Great rig. Let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. - I would think nothing more than a five. I would actually beef up the transom for a five. dc

Last edited:
Back