LaCrosse liars fest

Tom Scholberg

Anybody else interested in a DHBP get together on Goose Island again this year? I hope to be done with all the family BS that has eaten up most of this summer. I will not be able to do any of the organizing but hope to attend if it happens. This has been kind of a pre season kick off for several years and I would hate to see it fade away.

Tom,

I'd be interested in attending. I'm tied up August 2nd but any other weekend in August would be just fine for me. I just got back from a week of Muskie fishing in Canada and have a lot of catching up to do on the board. I also saw an email I received asking about a get-together as well, so I know there are others interested as well.

Tom,

I would be interested, but cannot make it the weekend of August 8-10.

How many usually show up for this event? I can bring beer, crab/jalapeños poppers, and stuffed shrimp poppers.

Art

Depends on when the event is held. Someone had better call goose island to see if we can get the shelter on the day that is chosen. I think Rick got lucky last year if memory serves (and it hasn't been serving so well lately).

Mark W

Good point, I think I remember something like that too. ;<)) Maybe we need to schedule around an open date?? Was there a fee for reserving the shelter?

I have always wanted to attend and will, but I am on vacation the middle of the month and "forced" to shoot live fliers the 2nd weekend for a dog trial.

You all know I enjoy these events as much as anybody but it is highly unlikely that I will be able to attend regardless of the date. Sometimes other stuff and life get in the way. Have fun.

I would love to do it but no matter when you guys put it in August I won't be able to make it. The month is just way to full already and I need to fit in a few trout camping trips with the kids that pretty much burns through all the weekends.

Good point, I think I remember something like that too. ;<)) Maybe we need to schedule around an open date?? Was there a fee for reserving the shelter?

$50 last time I paid it. Not sure if Dave or Rick reserved it last year. I think it has been $50 for quite some time.

Did you hear Tom no early teal in MN this year. BIG surprise huh?

Mark W

$50 last time I paid it. Not sure if Dave or Rick reserved it last year. I think it has been $50 for quite some time.

Mark W

Mark,

You posted just as I hung up the phone with the Facility contact for the Goose Is. Park.

I didn't know if you had a shelter or a pavilion last year. The gal told me that the rental is $55.00 for the pavilion, and the shelter is free, if there're people renting a camping spot. I may have the shelter/pavilion names switched around.

The phone # I called was (608) 785-9770.

This would be my first attendance at this event, and I hope that we're able to have it this year.

Art

Mark W

Mark,

You posted just as I hung up the phone with the Facility contact for the Goose Is. Park.

I didn't know if you had a shelter or a pavilion last year. The gal told me that the rental is $55.00 for the pavilion, and the shelter is free, if there're people renting a camping spot. I may have the shelter/pavilion names switched around.

The phone # I called was (608) 785-9770.

This would be my first attendance at this event, and I hope that we're able to have it this year.

Art

We each got our own camping spots and we then rented a pavillion. I don't recall which pavillion it was.

Mark W

#5 was open both Fridays & Saturdays, during August, when I called. I didn't know what number this group had last year.

She said that there's an extra $30.00 fee, that's refundable, if the unit was cleaned up, (feathers, legs, beaks, empty shot shells) after we left.

Art

Just a thought...instead, of renting the building....just get 4 or 6 adjoining sites and just meet in the middle...

Mike,

I noticed your last name on you post about LaCrosse. Do you have a brother living up in Alaska? I have a good friend who taught in Soldatna and knew a Capt. Trudel.

Art

I know I started this thread but like so many of you, life is getting in the way and I most likely won't be able to attend this year. As many of you who can should go and have some serious FUN. I'll miss seeing you guys.

Back