Lake Champlain

I have hunted the lake for 42 years now, on both side from Canada to Fort Ti. He can be some of the best gunning around as long as you are willing to work for it. We use to have a couple of handfuls of permanent blinds but over the years we got down to just two one of which was wheelchair accessible. Now we have none.

We now make it work with a hand full of big boats layouts etc. Just an all around great place.

I agree, the lake can be absolutely the best. I have had some late hunts where I have had 25 mallards dropping in at a time. It gets me fired up just thinking about it.

I hunted Addison County from 1983-2003 when I moved to Maine. From '88-'03, I hunted the lake almost exclusively. I had some great shooting, particularly late season.

My son lives in Burlington and he's been trying to get me up there every year with my sneak boat...I told him when he sent me a full scouting report I would be on my way. Is there much early season hunting to be had? Many/any pintails? I usually hunt Great Bay by myself +dog as no one wants to get up early enough.

Back