Largest Motor for a Devlin Broadbill

Experiencing some buyers remorse, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the motor once it arrives!

Dave,

I couldn't remember the name and I'm glad Ryan still had the info. Your buyers remorse will vanish just as soon as the package arrives.

BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE BOOK DURING THE BREAK IN PROCEDURE. Your new motor will thank you and give you much better and longer service when properly broken in.

Have fun.

David:

The best therapy I can think of for your "buyer's remorse" condition is to mount the motor as soon as possible and take it out on a maiden voyage. After that your buyer's remorse will become guilty pleasure.

Go with a 15 hp 4- stroke I prefare the mercury 1st and yamaha 2nd. 1- the 4-stroke is quietter less on gas and 2- you don't have to mix the oil with gas .1 step less to worry about making the right mix.Just pull up to the gas station fill-up and go.Pay the little extra and go with the elec. start.4-stroke don't load up with oil when idleing to lay out decoys.The weight should not be that big of a consern.I bought new 25 hp yamaha in 2- stroke last ones made in 2010 at a cost of 2995.00 elec .start as advised by some other hunter friends,and I'm sorry I followed ther advice{lots of vibretion and noise} and the oil mix is srewwy and must be yamaha oil to get things right.4-STROKE is the way to go

The motor should be here by Friday. Maiden voyage will occur immediately afterwards. Can't wait for that remorse to go away!

David

David,
My Yamaha came stock with a 9-1/4 by 11 pitch. Have not yet tried a 12 p to verify, but based on rpm's (I installed a tini-tac), I think a 12 pitch would be ideal. May yet get one this summer and give it a try.

Take care!

-Bill

Back