Levis Strauss You Disappoint Me

I switched to Dulth Trading Company, a couple of years ago, for almost all of my pants. They are expensive, but lifetime guarantee and they honor it without any question. Two favorites are the ballroom jeans and firehose pants. The firehose are too warm in the summer,but comfortable and extremely long wearing, no comparison to carhart, pockets are thoughtout, not just this is where they always have been.

Now, they only have two phyiscal locations, but their website is pretty good, if your going to order, first sign up for their email list. Once a week or so, I get a 20% off coupon and free shipping.

Eric,

I read this chuckling to myself thinking did we all go though this? In my house if it could be order from Sears, JC Penny's, Herters or bought with green stamps that's how my family rolled. Of course we couldn't wait for the catalogs to start showing up. Now I was in freshman in high school when I finally got my first pair of Levis. When my mom realized they lasted longer than the Sears or JC Penny brands she was okay with it and we had a Levis store a few blocks from the house so she would let me go and pick. 505's are the only ones I bought until 501's came out. As an adult I refused to buy Levis when they hit $25 and when they hit $30 well that was highway robbery. I have wore Lee's ever since. I did buy a couple of pair of 505 Levis a while back when our Sears store was going out of business. The first time I put on a pair those days of old came back to mind. I just went and looked. Sure enough mine have 7 loops. Hmmmm. I couldn't help myself I looked up Levis.com. All the models have 5 loops showing. I guess it's back to Lee Riders.

I had toughskins until high school. My self-esteem only recently recovered and now I can understand the lack of girlfriends during that time. Try finding a pair or straight leg levis that has a waist where it is supposed to be. I'll be buying something else in the future. Deluth pants have short zippers for that knawing feeling while urinating. I like carharrt for now.

I have you all beat, have on a pair of Duluth Ball Room Jeans, 9 loops on these bad boys. Granted there clothes is not cheap but guaranteed for life! I go their out let store the 1 trip a year I make to the in-laws. Only bad part is they are cut short from the waist to the crotch, but if you buy their t-shirts no plumbers crack!

I can sum up my response as "Ditto" Only it was Toughskin Huskys for me. My mom would not wait for the knees to wear out. She would iron on the extra knee patches right off the bat. Don't try and work the logic. I quit on the 501s when I noticed the belt loops ripping out and the corners of the back pockets getting holes. Wife started buying me Lee at half the price (she grew up near a Lee factory in Boaz, AL).

I will make an endorsement for Duluth trading. The do provide an option for Made in USA Ballroom Jeans. Yep, they are more expensive, but for what its worth, its a 100% guarantee.

Eric
I probably shouldn't open up this post but I will because I have a jeans solution for you. Go to "Duluth Trading " company. Sorry don't have their email address. They have what's call "ballroom jeans"; "Crouch without the ouch"; you don't have the plummer's crack, etc.. I'll bet you some good swiss cheese that they will have all the belt loops you need. :)
wis boz

ed i have not thought of green stamps in years my parents would go out of there way to shop at a store that gave away green stamps and yeah i still hate sears tough skins

At least your mom didn't iron extra knee patches on the toughskins. I remember the backs of my knees being rubbed raw by a morning of playing marbles. Damn, I lost a lot of marbles--probably because my legs hurt. Been wearing Lees ever since I could buy my own jeans. Not sure why, just something about them I like.
Richard Lee Kyte

I grew up in Florida and Levis rubbed my crotch raw in the heat and humidity--this was ages before toughskins (which my kids hated too) My answer was Big Mac work pants from Sears--loose fit so a guy could work in them. I must have been the most unfashionable guy in high school, but they came in green, and got softer with use, and were quiet in the woods--and who could afford special pants to go hunting?

Sacrifice a couple old pairs and get the loops sewn on the new ones--assuming they're good otherwise. From what the local cleaners charges me for repairs, it's good you can afford the up charge...

Back