Mac and I got a ram on Saturday.

Mike I loved the story and cold feel your pride in Mac through your words. That is not a type of hunt I have been able to try yet but it sure looks like an adventure. Please tell Mac "Congratulations young man! " for me. Its been great watching him grow up through your posts.

Congrats to both of you! That is a fantastic accomplishment for a fine young man. I'm sure you are very proud :)

that is just awesome.

I won't be up in the mountains this year, but planning getting in next year. Caribou subistence hunt starts sunday so I'll be looking for a fat young bull or a barren old cow this weekend.

Its good to see that you don't need $2000 worth of gear and clothing to take a ram. The gear junkies over on Rokslide forums would be very upset to see this. Ha!

Good luck to you Ray.

I doubt if me and Mac will ever get sponsored for a line of gear since we tend to use our everyday type clothes. I'm not sure we had cammo anything on this particular hunt. I wore my $10 fleece from Sport Yukon, $10 raincoat, free toque, and used my ancient old frame pack. We got Mac's frame pack at a garage sale.

New thing to us to bring along for meat handling - typar house wrap. Great to lay meat out on, light as waxed paper, CHEAP and expendable. It really takes no space in your pack.

I was looking at some old hunting photos from this area going back a long ways, and those folks must've been vegetarian cuz they just didn't have any proper hunting clothes. Some of them were even just wearing plaid shirts and jeans for pete's sake!

Mac has sure grown. Better for you as he can pack a bit more. Nice to see the pictures as always. Congratulations to the "Both" of you.

Back