May, Time for a new "Whats on your workbench?"

Here's a Green-wing I just finished..........and something I've taken a liking to in a different direction. A couple of Box calls.

Here is a new pattern for a low head pintail that I have been working on, and a gunner hen redhead that is almost ready for paint. The pintail is tupelo and the redhead is hollowed cedar with a tupelo head. Thanks for looking, Tony
DSCN0805.jpg
DSCN0809.jpg

Jode

I love how you fit the paint pattern to the flow of the decoy's shape. A+ on this one my friend. Can't wait to see you guys out in Tuckerton this fall. Hope all is well...

Here's a shot of Eddie Kershaw's Shop (UK) with a bird in progress that is getting the feather burn treatment.
I've got another shot Eddie sent but it's so out of focus it makes me dizzy......ok, dizzy'r than normal. :) I'll have Eddie reshoot & scan the photo and then I'll post it. His shop is lookin' good.

Eddie............fill in the blanks.
Lou

View attachment PICT0019b.jpg

Last edited:
This is a picture of one of my carving benches with a Euro widgeon in progess, this bird is for Chuck J , this is a decoy swop, I have been working on this bird and trying to finish my workshop at the same time, it wont be to long now and it will be flying west to the states, as Im just starting the paint work now, and moved on a bit to what you can see in the picture.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Sweet! I can't wait...I'm quite certain to be the only kid on the block with a European carved Eurasian Widgeon.

But really Eddie, that workbench is way too clean!

Clendlyness is next to Godlyness Mate.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber

Thanks Geoff, I love Teal....carving them, hunting them. They are such neat little birds. Looking forward to Tuckerton, it'll be here before you know it.

Eddie, very nice work!

Wow Eddie, you could operate on ducks not carve them at that bench. Joking aside I wish all my Man areas were that clean. Nice start.

Gene R.

Jode
Gene

Thanks for the compliments, when I was a apprentice if I did,nt leave my work area clean at the end of the day I use to get a clip around the hear the next morning, ( old school) and now I find it hard to get out of the Habit.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber

Jode
Looking at that GW teal you rearly bring the NJ style out, beautiful lines, great job.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber

working on getting these painted this week, two are for the trade on this board the third is for my rig. Basswood on two and twoba wood on the practice bird. Painting them in oils.

P1020652.jpg

Back