Military Foam Mattress For Duckboat Floor?

Mike Trudel

Does anyone no where you can get the olive green foam mattress sheets? I have been buying them from the Army Surplus store, however there seems to be a color change and I have the floor of my boat 1/2 done with olive.

Thank you for any help. Mike

Saw a lot of them at a flea market, in East Aurora, NY. A vendor has a indoor stall with military items. I've had mine for 30+ years for field and boat use, and it has never failed me. They should come with a Snooze Alarm for non military use...

There were three major colors that I recall, grey, light OD and dark green. DRMO (Defense Utilization Marketing Office) used to hold sales. I think Ft McCoy had one, but I don't know if it's still in use... that said, if you can live with bulk you can bid on it: http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/search?cmd=results&fromsearch=true&words=sleeping mats. I've picked several up over the years in garage sales. I use them almost exclusively under layout blinds for goose, but also used as "stuffing" for the dog's blind mat.

Mike what are you using to attach it to your floor with. Hope all is well with you and Beth. Will be up your way at the end of October.

Jim

Jim,

When I built my BB3 11-12 years ago I put these mats down with Weldwood Contact Cement .......... and they are still there. I also installed them in my Supermag layout. Contact cement works great as long as you remember you only get one shot at sticking them down.

Back