Minnesota Carvers

Andrew L.

In search of decoy carvers in Minnesota for a national state by state decoy display as well as someone to place possible orders through for events. Thanks for the help.

There is a Minnesota Decoy and Waterfowl Carving Club on Facebook that might be of help if you do Facebook.

Andrew: A few names of MN contemporary carvers for you. Tom Fleming Minnetrista,MN- Tom is a world class carver who's won best of show gunning rigs many times at the Wards World Championships. 2) Marty Hanson- Prior Lake,MN - Marty is considered to be one of the best contemporary carvers out there. Tim Speight (duckboats member) has a video of Marty's decoys on his website "The Decoy Shed". You can access the video through duckboats. 3) Marv Meyer - Richfield,MN - Marv carves decoys and calls, very nice affordable work. 4) Marl Olson - Minneapolis - beautiful quality gunning decoys. 5) Pat Meneely - Minneapolis- Pat is one of Marty Hanson's hunting crew.
There is a book titled " Minnesota Duck Decoys" by Doug Lodermeier published 2010- still available , that has a tremendous amount of info and copious pictures of both past and contemporary decoy carvers , Almost 800 pages hardcover, one of my favorite decoy books, well worth the money. Doug's book has addresses, websites, and phone numbers of many of the Minnesota contemporary carvers offering decoys.

Ken Zaborski

Thanks Craig I'll start following that page

Ken appreciate your help. Will start with those contacts and grab the book when I can to. Thanks!

Marv Meyer is now living in Tomah Wis. He escaped all the high taxes in MN a few years ago. Does great work, I especially like his divers.

9.8% income tax for the "rich". Smart guy to leave. I will be following in a little under 2 years of all goes as planned.

Mark W

Back