Momarsh fatboy DP Making your own doors?

Kyle

Hi,
Curious if anyone has made their own doors for the momarsh fatboy dp I am looking at doing it myself and just wondering if anyone knows were a guy can acquire some of the parts to do it....Mostly i am talking about the plastic pieces you pin the doors to just like on a field blind. I was figuring on getting some aluminum tubbing and just bending it myself with a conduit bender and if i can find those plastic pieces i should be good to go.....a guy i work with has the same boat and he bought the doors and i love the way it hides you, but i don't have the $$$$ to buy the doors...so i thought i would make my own....save a little green

Thanks

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I'll try to get some pics of my home-made ones tonight. I used 3/4" grey pvc conduit and they've proven light and nearly indestructible. I used some extra camo cordura I had to sew covers for them with a Speedy Stitcher. My low-tech solution to make them removeable was simply to use some beefy cord to make loosely-tied "hinges" through small holes I drilled in the coaming. Has worked brilliantly for me and stood up to some serious abuse (me and the dog both walking on them, pulling the boat over by grabbing them when stuck in mud, etc) thus far. Total cost in materials for the set was about $20 (2 x 10' lengths of conduit and a bunch of elbows, already had the pvc cement). Aluminum would be even stronger, I just didn't have access to a bender.

Kyle,
Google: Bimini Top Hardware, or go to a marine supply store for same. I have a fatboy with a blind and that's what I've used to modify mine.
Charlie

Thank you, I found the brackets....cabelas has them but they are on backorder i will snoop around some more....I am sure i will find them some were on the internet. I was wondering how to find them brackets thank you for the insight!!

I made my own covers for my Hoefgen Duck boat (similar to the Fatboy DP). I did it with conduit. Only needed a conduit bender which you can buy for $10. The expensive part for me was the fittings I used to attach the blind to the boat. I purchased some fittings from Accon Marine. They are flush mount quick release fittings and cost around $30 each I believe. Nice thing about these is that they are flush so when you use your boat without the blind doors, or use it for fishing, these never get in the way.

http://www.acconmarine.com/p-63-401-quick-release.aspx

I owe a few pictures and will get on this tonight and see what I can dig up.

Mark W

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help i found all the hardware i need......I will try to post pics when i get the project completed

Back