More decoys

Keith, I am so glad you came over to this site. Your work is truly amazing. Thank you for taking the time to post up here. We are all very much enjoying your work. Awesome! is all I can say.

Gary March

Keith your killing me! Even without the paint those birds are awesome. Just sent ya another message regarding that book too.

Steve

Keith, these are magnificent pieces of art. I am truly in awe at the detail and realism that all your works exhibit. I know these take many many hours to complete........but on average how much time does a typical piece take??

You are very welcome Craig, my pleasure.

Hi Charlie, I rely mostly on what is upstairs.....I may make a sketch first, but the idea is always in my cranium!

Thanks for asking.

Thank you Gary, you and everyone here have made us feel very welcome! I am sure you will all see a whole bunch of info and pictures coming from us, kinda' like an "alka seltzer" (that is now stuck in my head because of Steve) in a glass of diet coke!

Glad you are enjoying.....here are a few more. This is a drake pintail whcih I used for a painting demo in my book.

View attachment p1.JPG

View attachment p2.JPG

View attachment p3.JPG

View attachment p4.JPG

Thanks Steve, got your message and sent you a reply. Thanks again.

Thank you Chris, that really depends on the piece, some take a day or two, and others like the ones above can take many weeks. It all depends on the amount of carving and paint.

..... I'm sure one time I saw a WhiteWing eat one of those, but I better check with someone that would really know........... Oh wait.... The one I saw was here in Puget Sound, not the East Coast. Our seacucs are much more flavorful.............

Keith I have really enjoyed both of your books I also have a few of your decoys and it is a true pleasure to hunt with them
just wish i had more. Hope i get to meet you at Westlake.

Dennis Hays

Tom, you could be right. Maybe next time you should get on your cellphone and call the expert in Alaska.....he could give you that info!! :)

Thank you Dennis, I appreciate that! I am happy that you enjoyed both of my books. May I ask which decoys you have of mine?? I look forward to meeting you at Westlake.....my table is right in the front in the lobby. See you there!

Regards,

Keith

Keith i have a pair of mallards a pair widgeons 1 male old squaw and 1 male goldeneye. i have not hunted with the old squaw
but i have hunted with the others often. would love to add more to my rig if i can find some.looking forword to seeing everybody at westlake

Back