NDR Benelli 828U O/U

Jake

I want one!!! I want one bad!!! What do you guys think about it? Will the price go down after a year or 2? I have an SBE 11 that I use for waterfowl and love it. I also have a couple browning O/U but the design and weight of this new shotgun is awesome!!

I can't think of any gun that ever went down in price after it had been on the market for a few years except those that were over produced and were sold on closeout.

Jake,

I saw a picture of it from the Shot Show and it looks sweet! I'd love one of those. Did you hear what it might cost?

P.S. Add $500 for a nickel plated receiver. Has a new recoil reduction system in the back of the buttstock. If the felt recoil is anything like the Montefeltro I had, I sure hope it works well!

Glad to see a manufacturer finally address the comb height ajustment option in a field gun. I,ve always hated haveing to put the rasp to a brand new browning citori to get a little more drop at comb. Now lets see if in a couple yrs. they,ll come out with a waterfowl model thats got a little more weight to it to keep that swing going. I also see in benelli,s new info that they are finally selling 20 Guage M2,s with 28" barrels. Been waiting for that one myself.

Has anyone ended up purchasing and shooting the 828U yet? I have been eyeing that gun too but would love to hear some personal feedback first.

Jake, some day post a picture of what this gun looks like. Now I am wondering if you will be resting it on a velvet cloth after shooting it and waiting for the next duck to come in. Is this a quail gun?
Al

Heck no Al!! It will be an upland gun and skeet. Dont want to get mud on it laying i my blind for waterfowl:) Im hoping they come out with a 20. There is something about it I really dig.

I don't think there will be a dove or Gambel's left in the Las Cruces area if you ever get that great looking gun. Sage will be a busy girl.
Al

Jake, take a look at a 1950-1959 series Browning Superposed long tang round knob with 3" chambers in 20 gauge. If you can find one, shoot it on clay birds. Federal used to make a 3" 20 gauge round in 7 1/2-very deadly on grouse and Huns. These are an all-day carry gun that mounts effortlessly.

If they ever made one in 16ga. I would have to consider selling off a lot of stuff to get my hands on one. The 828U O/U may fit my geezer frame better. I still like to take the big walks with a good "Shoot Gun".

Back