NDR...caught a HAWG!! pics!!

michael barnes

well, i caught a 23" about 2 weeks ago when i was all by my lonesome, no camera, so i cant claim that as my personal best. but that all changed this afternoon, i caught a 21.5". i had been accidently been catching some nice slabs while bass fishing the last couple days, so i went out specificly for crappie this time, 6 lb stren original, light spinning reel, ML 6' rod, and a small white spinner bait, and what d ya know, right off the bat i caught a fat 19". i was pumped, and about 3 casts later, this big ol bucket mouth slammed my spinner bait, and ran for the brush. after a sweet light tackle fight, i landed my "official" PB. here she is!!!
me grinning like the redneck i am lol
101_6908.jpg

trophy shot
101_6909.jpg

21.5"
101_6913.jpg

swimmin' away!
101_6916.jpg

thanks for looking!

Nice fish! Seems like those large bass like smaller baits at times. I caught a couple 17"ers last week on a 2" twister on 4lb line. I've never got a largemouth that would reach 20" though, beauty of a fish.

Not trying to hijack your post but since it is NDR I'll show my bass picture on this thread too.
I caught a personal best on smallmouth last week. 18"er that cleared the water by a couple feet, gotta love smallmouths. They tell me they come about a pound bigger then this in that lake so later this summer I'm going to try hard to get one of those.

GEDC0508.jpg

Tim

Nice Chub !

How about the Crappie ? Crappie are my favorite freshwater fish to eat second only to yellow (racoon) perch.

Good on you,
Harry

that is a NICE smallie!! i wish we had em near my area, ive only caught one dink, on vacation in pa, but man, they put up a fight!
this pond is awesome for crappie, some of the biggest i have ever caught. they have been slamming 1/8oz unpainted heads with a 2" white curly tail. its kinda unusual at how aggresive they are here, especialy in the middle of the summer, its not unusual to catch 3-4 nice slabs on consecutive casts some days.

Back