NDR - good tree stands?

Charlie S and Titan

For those of you that deer hunt too: what is (are) your favorite climbing tree stand(s)?

I would like to pick up a good, safe, light climber for use in bow and deer hunting for deer. The old summit I borrowed from my father is made of steel and is very heavy. It is time to upgrade.

The local bow shop swears by treewalker promag xlt. A lone wolf stand (sit and climb) seem good, but the same bow shop tells me they are not as stable.

Any favorites out there?

Thanks,
Charlie

I like the summit stands. They are well built and comfortable for portables. Their bullet backpacker is in the 14 lbs range I believe.

I like my summit, but there could be better out there. It is pretty quiet, but I always rush and make a clink or two.

T

we had an API and a summit and i liked them both, however i've shot 12 deer in 8 deer seasons here in VT and every deer i shot while firmly planted on the ground the only deer i shot with my bow so far are 2 does spot and stalk method. i enjoy sneaking up on them so much more now i dont use either stand.

both were great stands but the only thing with the api was the chain around the tree was rubber coated and the lower platform tended to slip down.

eddie

Thanks guys. It sounds like Summit has a lot of fans here. I'll have to check the newer ones out.

That old Summit I borrowed from my father was nice space wise and safety wise, but it is from when they used to make them out of steel and boy was it heavy! I bet the newer aluminum ones are much lighter.

Thanks,
Charlie

Back