NDR.............MEOW!

Dave Parks

A buddy sent me this today, a NICE FAT Oregoncougar taken near Baker, Oregon. He did not know the cats weight, but I can tell by looking at it, it's a tom and over 175 pound. This is one hell of a kitty!

Dave

zBAKERCOUGER-1.jpg

ZBAKERCOUGAR-3-1.jpg

Holy crap Dave, thats a big cat. Really give you a perspective of just how big that is in the pic where he's being picked up. And I wondered when I hear on the news that some guy on a bike or a hiker gets attacked why they can't defend themselves better. I guess I was ignorant to how big they can be. How did he harvest that monster?

Ryan

That is by far the biggest mountain Kitty I have ever seen...

How'd you like to be sitting under a tree calling turkeys or buggling elk, feel the hairs on yer neck stand up, turn around and see THAT thing ready to pounce on ya?
Bad Kitty!

Dave:
I showed my wife the pictures of the Oregon cougar and she said "why kill an animal like that"? What's the good answer?
Jim Bosanny

Oh BABY! That thing looks like an African lion laying there! That thing would snuff you like a candle if it wanted to. Ryan, think about it..take a 15lb house cat and try to give it a bath..then multiply it's size by 10-15 times....and it's strength by about a hundred and the fact that you wouldn't even know the thing was coming behind you and you would have a Cougar attack. Anyone who survives one is blessed by God..that's for sure.

Boz, they are a legitimate game animal and the numbers have to be held in check,Look what happened out west when they outlawed hunting them..ranchers get hit pretty hard by large predators too.Human progress I guess.. I'd love to have one mounted..but I don't think I could do it twice.

Lee, some first hand advice from an old mountain man, if you ever decide to mount one......be sure to KILL it first!

Remember.........Ol' Hatchet Jack lived in cave for two years with a mountain lion......'n she never did get used to him!

Wiz Boz, this was the cat that took a baby right out of it's stroller in front of it's mother and there was nothing left but a bloody diaper when they tracked it.

Dave

Wiz Boz,
There are people who do eat mountain lions, they are supposedly not too bad. Also almost every place there is habitat for them they are doing good. South Dakota just started a season 2 years ago because they have filled up the available habitat and are moving into areas where they are going to cause problems. Not their fault but that is a fact that can't be denied or changed.
While it is true that their habitat is shrinking it is almost certain their numbers are growing. Without Griz coming back to much of the western lower 48, I truly hope that never happens, big cats and now even wolves are going to have to be hunted.

I think Dave was joking...at least I hope he was. :)

Tim

Wow that's a big cat. We have one in the neighbor hood. It's been sighted a number of times in the last five years. The DNR did not admit for us having any in Wis until some guy photographed one with still camera and vidio taped it. I have yet to see one.

Man that suckers huge. I've seen 3 over the years but none that big. It's a wonder any cat that big would run in front of dogs. Heck, it really could clean house on a pack if it wanted to. We have quite a few around here plus bears also and have very few elk because of it. Friend of mine watched 3 coming and going off a outcropping out of town one afternoon. We went back 2 weeks later to investigate and sure enough, they had brought down an elk and pretty much ate the whole thing. All we found were a few scraps of hide and the skull.

Dave, that reminds me of my uncle..a guy was watching thelumberyard dog lick itself and said "I wish I could do that" My uncle said "You can try but he'd probably bite you"

Pretty good reason to dispatch it! We were traveling in the Rockies in Canada in our motor home and passed one lying on a ledge directly above us as we passed by. My wife thought it was beautiful??
Jim Bosanny

That's the biggest cat I have seen harvested.
Was this cat taken with a gun or a bow? Was it tree's with hounds?
I'd love to read the story.

I'm alergic to cats.

Would the tanning process get rid of the things that make me sneeze?

I wanna get me one of them!!!

-D

Thanks for killing that sumbitch. Kill em all and maybe I'll never have to deal with one. If someone had felt that way about fire ants 30 years ago maybe we wouldn't be up tour ears in fire ants now. While you are at it please kill every damned coyote that you can too and help the fellow in that other post finish tiling his barn. Once you finish that take your guns and guard the US southern border and kill every darn illegal you can and scalp those sumbitches. Somoteitbe...

Back