NDR Oscar Night---- Best movie ever

TimJ

This is oscar night I thought a movie post might get our minds off of other posts. I have a great dislike for most recent movies so we will not stick to this year.
OK a simple questions, what is the best/favorite movie you have ever seen? And if someone says Free Willy or Moby Dick I will slap ya. :)

There are a lot of great ones I like but I will say Lawrence of Arabia. For a film released in 1962 it is very modern looking, the desert looks very cool. For it's time frame I think gives a fairly balanced look at the forming of the modern middle east, makes everyone look like they deserve some blame. It also shows the 'hero' as a normal guy who has failings like ereryone else and who succumbs to some of them while trying to have good intentions. Kind of deep but also a lot of good action. Long movie but DVDs have solved bathroom breaks.

Tim

Donnie Brasco.....................Figetaboudit

Actually my favorite is "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Last edited:
I would put LOA in my top ten, for sure. Another film from that era, Dr. Strangelove, is on the list as well.

if i think reel hard, i can amost member my fave rit move. My momma told me I could wach that move any were

hmmm

Alone in the Wilderness
Star Wars Episode IV
Jeramiah Johnson

Any John Wayne movie..... and Clint Eastwood ...not Dirty Harry...

Last edited:
Bunch of great movies.
Sgt. York, King Kong, Dr Strangelove..... I like those old school picks.

Tim

Wow I figured Night of the Lepus would get more votes .... LOL. King Kong was/is awesome, so is Star Wars a New Hope, and Unforgiven .... what about Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Quest For Fire =)

Hands down!!

Barack Hussein Obama's 2010 State of the Union Address!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, He could have won an Oscar and a repeat Nobel Peace Prize, just like 2009!

Best,
Steve

Hard to pick a best......But here are a few that I watch over again.....

Not in order of like or dislike.

Patton
The Shootist
Jeremiah Johnson
Saving Private Ryan
The whole set of Star Wars..and Lord of the Rings
The Eiger Sanction
Lawrence of Arabia
The Good The Bad and The UGLY----that is so the wife can whine about spaghetti westerns...
Bridge Over The River Kwai
Some of the old 007 with Sean Connery ---a bit corny but a bit of fun

You get the Idea....and no I am not watching the awards....I am watching The Right Stuff...

Matt

Last edited:
Back