NDR Oscar Night---- Best movie ever

It was one of my Dad's fav's and became one of mine since I watched with him so many times.

The Quiet Man

Saving Private Ryan, Antoine Fisher, Man on Fire, Scent of a Woman, Green Mile, The Greatest Game Ever Played.

Comedy: A Fish Called Wanda, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, And Justice for All, Me Myself and Irene.

My2c

About 5 minutes into Gran Torino I was told Clint was playing an older version of myself... so that was an instant favorite of mine...other than that Jeremiah Johnson and A River Runs Through it are up there. Animal house is another I won't pass up watching.

Young Frankenstien, Dracula with Bela Lugosi, The Thing From Outer Space (1957), Star Wars a New Hope, Kill Bill 1 & 2

I would have to say,Hang'em High,Jerimiah Johnson,Last of the Mohicans, The Patriot, and The Good,the Bad,and the Ugly,almost forgot the Untouchables

Remember The Titans...... hands down!

Followed closely by "Facing the Giants", Christmas Vacation, then anything with John Wayne.

This is oscar night I thought a movie post might get our minds off of other posts.
After reading most of those posts the only movie that comes to mind is: "Sleeper" (1973) Woody Allen statement : "There is intelligence in the universe, with the possible exception of New Jersey."

Wow....I guess there is a reason why we all get a long really well. Many of those are favs of mine but there are so many that are favorites...how could pick just one. I guess if I did it'd have to be.....
Outlaw Josey Wales ("To hell with them fellas...Buzzards gotta eat same as worms")
Others.....
Unforgiven...all time favorite movie line "Helluva thing killin' a man...you take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna be"
I have to put Jaws and Star Wars in there...they have to be included. Jeremiah Johnson, Last of the Mohicans.
Donovan's Reef is a classic, The Searchers, High Plains Drifter, French Connection(and in my opinion one of the all time great acting performances was Gene Hackman in French Con II...I'm talking an acting clinic). Another movie I've always loved is The Black Stallion. Heat is a great movie...the downtown LA shootout scene is the best. That brings Bullit to mind....the car chase scene in particular.

My dad's favorite movie was "The Man Who Would be King". He'd quote that quite a bit.
"Billy Fish, do they always use such a big ball?"
"Depend on size of man's head. Big head, big ball, small head, small ball. That Bashki man. Oh big damn head"

Couple of others that really got my attention

Memphis Belle
Taken
Das Boat (longer unedited vesion)

Mark W

After skimming through this thread there seems to be no mention of the chick flicks the wife places in the NetFlix queue.. stuff like the Proposal.......seems a bit odd

HAHA!!

Matt,
Strange isn't it?
Maybe not a true chick flick but how about Cat On A Hot Tin Roof

OK a few more for me.
Once Upon A Time In The West, long but the best of Leone
Josey Wales has to be on any list
Casablanca, What can I say I like Ingrid Bergman. Gaslight is another good one.
Twelve Angry Men, Great actors and great movie
Empire Strikes Back, Best of the series
Gladiator, Could Joaquin Phoenix be any more creepy?
Quiet Man or The Cowboys, two movies John Wayne was better in then the one he won an oscar for
I'm a Lee Marvin fan but it is hard to pick a really good movie he is in, maybe The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, get the Duke in there one more time too
Oh and nearly forgot a Marx Brothers movie, how about Day At The Races since it was the most recent I've seen.

Tim

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Tim,

Once Upon A Time In The West---the wife hated that movie...just hated it....so if I want to get in big do-do...put that in the Netflix queue...then I have to agree to watch two flick chick movies for that one.... HAHAAH!! What is this 2 for 1 stuff??

Now she will watch Josey Wales,,,and Two Mules for Sister Sarah..

[/font]

Back