NDR-Plumming question

Tom Wall

I was changing washers on the bathtub faucet yesterday. It is an old house with old fixtures. I expected some problems. The hot was just starting to drip. Cold no problems. We have lived in the house 8 years and I haven't replaced the cold yet so I was worried about it. I needed the handle puller but it was no problem. I replaced the hot not too long after we moved in. So, I'm guessing it has been 7 years since the handle was off. I had not luck pulling it. The pin on the handle puller bent. Handle didn't budge.

Anyone have any tricks to getting stubborn faucet handles off? I sprayed it with WD40. I'll give it a try again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom

I was changing washers on the bathtub faucet yesterday. It is an old house with old fixtures. I expected some problems. The hot was just starting to drip. Cold no problems. We have lived in the house 8 years and I haven't replaced the cold yet so I was worried about it. I needed the handle puller but it was no problem. I replaced the hot not too long after we moved in. So, I'm guessing it has been 7 years since the handle was off. I had not luck pulling it. The pin on the handle puller bent. Handle didn't budge.

Anyone have any tricks to getting stubborn faucet handles off? I sprayed it with WD40. I'll give it a try again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom

Picture of the type of faucet/handle would help. Some have a screw in the middle and requires that you pup off a plug to get to the screw.
Lou

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

Hacksaw, power grinder, big hammer, bigger hammer, even bigger hammer,, etc. :>) :>)

Seriously, It might serve you well if you are able to just replace the whole fixture with a new one. I realize circumstances don't always allow this, but it might end up being the best option if you can replace the whole fixture.
[/font]

Is it possible there is a set screw that you forgot about? Some things respond well to light tapping with a hammer as you are pulling. And, as has aready been mentioned, some things aren't worth fixing.

Back